Ratsy!!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Combination of Screen Capture Software, an old Linux Screensaver, and Handbrake to trim the end bits.

I was mainly happy enough to get the sequencer talking to the keys again by installing a different kernel which I was missing.

This marks the first successful test run of the recording capabilities of the Living Room Studio and the integration of the new gear into the mix.

Still a few bugs to kick out and configuration files to edit (INS files for Take 5 and Wavestate) but now I can breathe a bit easier being able to record again.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Combination of Screen Capture Software, an old Linux Screensaver, and Handbrake to trim the end bits.

I was mainly happy enough to get the sequencer talking to the keys again by installing a different kernel which I was missing.

This marks the first successful test run of the recording capabilities of the Living Room Studio and the integration of the new gear into the mix.

Still a few bugs to kick out and configuration files to edit (INS files for Take 5 and Wavestate) but now I can breathe a bit easier being able to record again.

Gary ;)
I get it! About being able to record again anyways. I need to buy some kind of gadget to sync my synths together easily so that they all play nice with each other. I do have an old Yamaha QX-3 sequencer that I can load tracks into but it's slow to do and I'm not that motivated. I just want to be able to use each synths individual onboard sequencer and have them lock in to each other with minimal fuss.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Might be simpler to just use a computer for the home setup.

If you need to gig with it then you need to shell out for a Maschine mk3 or something similar.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually, this is my goto hardware sequencer in my main studio.

It can sequence up to 3 MIDI channels simultaneously as well as CV ins and outs.

Might be perfect for your setup.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
"Ratsy"
Cool sound Gary.
You know I am not a huge fan of electronica music . . You know that!
Well!
That tune is a step up from the ordinary!
I could put that tune on my play list . . no worries!
I am playing it now as I type this . . . :)

I like how the fuzzy sound drops off at 1.25 and then it kicks in again at 1.39.
What a kicker! This gives the whole tune a sense of power! It says "Hey! shut up and listen!"
That's how I hear it!
The fuzzy sound is unique and fits well into the theme.
Again at 2.33 the fuzzy drops off. This is a great aspect! It tells me again to sit up and listen!
Silence is golden . . in this case the silence of the fuzzy part releases underlying melody which you are playing.
When the fuzzy re emerges . . it kicks up again!

I think this one is a superb tune . . . I rate it highly (maybe I RAT it highly . . lol)

The fade out is cool too!

cheers
R

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Ray. I appreciate the sincerity of your review. The Fuzzy sound is the Sequential Take 5 in action. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Might be simpler to just use a computer for the home setup.

If you need to gig with it then you need to shell out for a Maschine mk3 or something similar.

I'm just thinking of semi live performances in my studio. On the very off chance that somebody caught me in a moment of weakness and managed to get me to gig, I just bring my Kronos. I prefer to play in a band scenario or a duo.
I'm considering on of the Korg SQ sequencers like the SQ-1 or 64. I baciscally just need a master clock but I want it to be inexpensive.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well seriously, take a look at the Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro.

First I bought a Beatstep, liked it so much, I bought a Beatstep Pro a few months later. I also picked up an Arturia Keystep and nowadays they have a Keystep Pro but I see no further need to upgrade.

They all run on USB power, but need no software, and have MIDI OUT and CV Ports.

The Beatstep can only handle a single MIDI channel at a time. The Pro can handle 2 and a Drum Channel.

Believe me, there's no easier way to sync up 3 or more devices in a hurry if you are using it in the studio.

The price has gone up $150 CDN since I bought mine 3 years ago, BUT, this week Is Black Friday week so a bit of hunting could score a deal.

Believe me, these little Arturia Sequencers are extremely popular for a reason. The Keystep uses a Fatar keybed with aftertouch and two ribbon controllers. The controls are firm and solid and the overall build quality of all the units is solid metal all around. They have considerable weight.

I have very little experience with Korg sequencers outside of my Minilogue but I can say the Arturia ones are better in every single way.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well seriously, take a look at the Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro.

First I bought a Beatstep, liked it so much, I bought a Beatstep Pro a few months later. I also picked up an Arturia Keystep and nowadays they have a Keystep Pro but I see no further need to upgrade.

They all run on USB power, but need no software, and have MIDI OUT and CV Ports.

The Beatstep can only handle a single MIDI channel at a time. The Pro can handle 2 and a Drum Channel.

Believe me, there's no easier way to sync up 3 or more devices in a hurry if you are using it in the studio.

The price has gone up $150 CDN since I bought mine 3 years ago, BUT, this week Is Black Friday week so a bit of hunting could score a deal.

Believe me, these little Arturia Sequencers are extremely popular for a reason. The Keystep uses a Fatar keybed with aftertouch and two ribbon controllers. The controls are firm and solid and the overall build quality of all the units is solid metal all around. They have considerable weight.

I have very little experience with Korg sequencers outside of my Minilogue but I can say the Arturia ones are better in every single way.

Gary ;)
Cool! I'll look into them! I've been a Korg guy for many decades now but I am open to new ideas. IMHO, they need to have Black Friday deals at least twice a year. This one so close to Christmas makes it tough to buy toys for me. We have lot's of family members who for some very strange reason, we're supposed to buy them things. Weird.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A wise man once said, "Kids'll cost ya at Christmas..." :D :D :D

Fortunately all my nieces and cousins are in their mid life crises by now. :D My brother and I have agreed not to exchange this year. A few baubles and trinkets for the neighbours this year and I'm done. :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Lucky you! I'm a grandpa so that means I have to spend. Then we have the kids on my wife's brother's side. Fortunately, they don't ask for much.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Lucky you! I'm a grandpa so that means I have to spend. Then we have the kids on my wife's brother's side. Fortunately, they don't ask for much.

Just give them the Bah Humbug speech about the commercialization of Xmas and give them all a tin of Quality Streets and hop the first flight you can find to the tropics for Xmas break. If they can't find you they can't hassle you :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Just give them the Bah Humbug speech about the commercialization of Xmas and give them all a tin of Quality Streets and hop the first flight you can find to the tropics for Xmas break. If they can't find you they can't hassle you :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Gary ;)
If it was that easy, I'd be sipping drinks under a palm tree on a Caribean beach! Granted, I'm no fan of the Xmas stuff, but my wife is!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, I did another short video today which was a hell of a lot of fun. Now that I've kicked the bugs out of the studio it's a pleasure to record again. Hopefully it will bring a grin to your face. :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
BTW, I did another short video today which was a hell of a lot of fun. Now that I've kicked the bugs out of the studio it's a pleasure to record again. Hopefully it will bring a grin to your face. :D :D :D

Gary ;)
Now that was good! Made me chuckle! I'm sad though. My toaster lost it's wings. Maybe I'll pour a Rebbull into it!
Then I'll get toasted!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blidz

Latest Threads