RD 2000 - Create fading Pan / String sound: No sustain parameter?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Trying to tweak a Pad (or String) sound to slowly fade away until zero volume, while keeping the keys pressed. But seems that the parameter needed to do this is not present on the RD2000. Is this possible?..

It has Attack (dedicated knob), Decay (Tone Edit) and Release (dedicated knob), but no Sustain... ?

How is it then possible to make a sound slowly fade away while playing? This is much needed when layering sounds, so the sounds dont make a huge sustain mess.

Any other way of achieving this ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If the Sustain Level is built into the sound sample itself and can't be adjusted, about the only thing I can think of is to lower the volume, such as by decreasing the Channel Volume or Channel Expression. But I'm guessing that this isn't really a workable suggestion, assuming you're trying to create a patch that you can play live, as opposed to laying down tracks in a studio.

The only other thing I can think of is to see if there's another sound sample you could use that has a lower Sustain Level built into the sample.

By the way, when you say "layering sounds," do you mean layering the pad/strings sound with another sound (i.e., one key plays two or more sounds), or do you mean playing the pad/strings sound on one set of keys while playing other sounds on other keys? The reason I ask is I'm wondering whether you could change your approach to using a very long release, such that you could let up on the keys that are playing the pad/strings sound and let the sound fade away slowly that way. But that wouldn't work if you need to keep the keys held down so they'll keep playing some other sound while the pad/strings slowly fade.

Reaction score
Hallo iedereen. Proberen een pad- (of snaar-) geluid aan te passen om langzaam te vervagen tot het volume nul is, terwijl u de toetsen ingedrukt houdt. Maar het lijkt erop dat de parameter die hiervoor nodig is niet aanwezig is op de RD2000. Is dit mogelijk?..

Het heeft Attack (speciale knop), Decay (Tone Edit) en Release (speciale knop), maar geen sustain ...?

Hoe is het dan mogelijk om een geluid tijdens het spelen langzaam te laten vervagen? Dit is hard nodig bij het stapelen van geluiden, dus de geluiden maken geen enorme sustain-puinhoop.

Is er een andere manier om dit te bereiken?
beste , ik zit hier ook alsmaar sustain te zoeken voor Organ groetjes John

Ask a Question