RD-700: Do I need power supply?

Reaction score
A family member recently gave us an RD-700 in excellent condition, but they couldn't find the cables, so I need to replace them. I read in one place that it needs both a power cord and also a power supply. However, the owner's manual says nothing about an external power supply, nor do I see any place to plug one in; only the plug for the power cord. I don't know much about these things (maybe that's obvious), and I've been unable to find the answer on the internet or by calling Roland dealers or even (amazingly) an authorized Roland repair center. It seems like a simple question. Can anyone tell me the answer? Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
From what I can see in the diagram of the rear panel in the manual it uses a standard Computer Three Pronged Line Cord to connect directly to AC Line Current. There is no external power brick. The power supply is built into the unit.

You can buy a compatible power cord at any mom and pop computer shop. They probably wouldn't even charge for it. Those things breed like rabbits in a junk drawer.

If it did use an external power brick, the supply jack would either be a coaxial or a DIN connector and the diagram displays neither.

Refer to page 14 of the manual.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question