RD700 Rhythm Button - Disable?

Reaction score
My question is this... Is there a way to set the Rhythm fader volume default to 0? Or is there another way to disable the drum loop, so it is not mistakenly enabled?

Here's why...
Our church has an RD700. Pressing the "Rhythm" button above the leftmost of the 4 volume sliders plays a drum loop at full volume regardless of the slider position, until you move the slider, then it becomes active.

Here is a video of Martin Smith, accidentally triggering a drum loop during a concert. This is actually pretty funny

I realize that in Martin Smith's case, had he not set his Bible on top of the keyboard, it could have been avoided.

However, this past Sunday, a keyboard player accidentally hit this button. I don't know how...

Any ideas short of removing the part of the button that sticks through the top cover?

-Chris

Reaction score
Hm... I take it that there's not a way to disable the drum loops. Out with the button then!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, is there any chance you could post a picture of the offending button? Perhaps if you taped a plastic bubble over it you could avoid pressing it accidentally?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Here is the button.

uc

Ask a Question