RealGuitar Classic

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about getting this DAW and playing it on my controller live. May need it with a duo I'm working with...

Anyone have any personal experience with it?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
DAW or VSTi?

I think your acronyms got mixed up with the alphabet soup :)

And nope, I have no experience with it :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I’ve used RealGuitar extensively for a while now. I use it in Joystick mode with a PS3 guitar controller. Sounds wonderful. What do you want to know?

Reaction score
Hey Alan,

I was thinking of using it with an Alesis Vortex which only has 3 octaves. From what is see, at least one octaves is used to trigger effects which leaves only 2 octaves. Was wondering if if I could still use it to its full capabilities with those restrictions.

Reaction score
I’ve got a Vortex as well, but I don’t use it for RG. If you look up on YouTube “Real Guitar joystick mode” you’ll see the Guitar Hero being demonstrated. If all you want to do is pick and strum, then the GH controller can’t be beaten. I use mine in Gig Performer as a host and drive strings, organs etc as well as other guitars. Only problem is getting hold of a GH controller and they are no longer made. They often come up on EBay though.

Reaction score
I’ve got a Vortex as well, but I don’t use it for RG. If you look up on YouTube “Real Guitar joystick mode” you’ll see the Guitar Hero being demonstrated. If all you want to do is pick and strum, then the GH controller can’t be beaten. I use mine in Gig Performer as a host and drive strings, organs etc as well as other guitars. Only problem is getting hold of a GH controller and they are no longer made. They often come up on EBay though.

I would like the ability to play acoustic and electric. I couldn't locate anything on "Real Guitar joystick mode", though.

Reaction score
It’s right there first in the list. Here we go “Real guitar joystick mode” The one to look for is “Real Guitar 3 some new features part 2” There is a waist up only picture of a guy holding a PS3 controller. I have most of the Music Lab products inc Real Guitar 5 which has 7 acoustic guitars in the one package. I also have three electrics Real Strat, Real LP and Real Rick. Using the Gig Performer host, I’ve run 5 or 6 of them together all panned in stereo. With the PS3 GH controller, you get authentic up and down strumming, picking with alt bass and lots more.
I use mine live busking etc with an iPad running OnSong as the master midi controller.

Reaction score
Music Lab recently had some bundle deals going. You could look them up. The forum isn’t very active though, but I’m willing to help if you need it.

Reaction score
I'm a 30+ year vet keyboard player, and over the years since the 70s I've used MIDI keyboards, and now for the past few years I've close to retirement and now just compose, and using just a MIDI keyboard with USB to Cakewalk Sonar X3, and plugin a few VSTi's and well, have a listen for yourself:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lh4j68olgauc8xl/dreaming.mp3?dl=0

I use Real Guitar, otherwise known for the PC VSTi called RealLPC, along with Guitar Rig 5, and it rocks.

RealLPC can also be programmed to assign a key note to any function such as palm mute, glides, etc etc, and while playing the guitar solo's just press one of the assigned keys and it changes the sound.

Ask a Question