Recommended keyboards under £1000

Reaction score
Hi all, I produce my own music (R&B,pop, soft rock) and am looking at purchasing a new keyboard. I'm only really bothered about the quality & quantity of sounds on it, not really for live performances.
So far i've narrowed it down to the Roland FA-06 and the Yamaha psr s770, can anybody suggest anything better than these 2 for under £1000? If not, which 1 of the 2.
Thanx people

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Rroland Juno DS61 and Juno DS88

You'll save a lot of money if you don't need an onboard sequencer and use a tablet or computer instead.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi BrownBear,
Do you need built in speakers?
No sure if Roland's have their own speakers?
Check out the youtube reviews on Yamaha v Roland.
Both are world class and the end choice will be YOUR preference.
Either pick is a winner;)
Cheers ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't really need speakers built in.
The only reason why i'm still swaying towards the Roland FA is because of the INTEGRA 7, but I do like the look of DS Juno now

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve got an fa06 been using it for about a year and have to say overall it’s fantastic. It does so much for so little money.
Pro’s - great synth sounds, pads, leads. Sampler is easy to use. I’ve found I’ve used it a lot more than I though I would. I’ve never not been able to find the right sound. It’s light, quick to start up and even better you can load in extra banks of sounds from the Axial web site, that would be a real bonus in your line of work. Also has a vocoder built in!!!!
Cons- some say the keybed is a bit plasticky but I don’t mind it. In my opinion the piano sounds are weak. A download from Axial (there are at least 2 dedicated piano downloads) would certainly fix that but out of the box the pianos are crap. Same goes for the organs which I’ve never found to be convincing enough though there are a lot of tweaks you can add. Lush string pads are great by striking attacking strings are lacking too.
I’ve also got a Korg Krome which has much much better pianos organs and strings but not so good in the lead / synth filtered sounds. They compliment each other!
You could get one of each for £1000.
Look at Korg Triton (especially the Extreme version) or a secondhand Nord. Depends what sounds you need.
You won’t go far wrong with an FA 06 but you’d probably want something else, maybe that little red Yamaha organ or something with better pianos!
Good luck!

Ask a Question