Record band live on Juno Ds?

Reaction score
I just purchased a Juno DS 88.
As I’m learning about it I came across this on their website:
“More than an instrument, the JUNO-DS is a mobile studio. With the onboard audio interface function, you can record your band via the mic input, then store the music on your computer and share with your bandmembers. It’s a great feature for recording minus-one tracks, without keyboard, for home practice, or for assessing your band’s performance.”

I cannot find an example how to do this. It’s different than to a daw. Anyone know?

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
Following.

In my mind, the Vocoder function is pretty useless, I'd have traded it for an instrument input like on my less expensive Casio. Then I could apply the exact same effects to my bass guitar as I do the keys basses. The Casio does not do that very well, though.

But recording would be nice if it was of good quality. A Line In from the board would be better. We could do some nice backing tracks for ourselves of ourselves and have exactly what we want. Right now we're considering recording from the board directly in to a Zoom Hn1 and using Audacity to edit the files.

Reaction score
I think you have found that the recording capabilities of the Juno leave a bit to be desired.

We have had similar questions asked before and maybe even for the Juno.

A recording mixer is another outlay but one that will easily work.

Ask a Question