Recording on the DGX-660

Reaction score
Hello! I'm 99% sure the DGX-660 is the keyboard for me, but still want to know this.... Will the keyboard allow me to first record a sequence and then later record audio via line-in (microphone, guitar, etc.) on top of the sequence? I understand I will have to record to USB in an audio file format if I want to record audio, so that's okay. I just really want to know if I can first record the sequence and then record audio with that after the sequence has been recorded.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you cannot add an audio track to a multi-track MIDI recording, if that's what you mean. You can use the built-in song sequencer to record a multi-track song with MIDI, and you can use the audio recorder to record an audio song, but it isn't like a DAW where you can mix MIDI tracks and audio tracks together in a project. If you make a multi-track MIDI song and record it to an audio file, you'll need to update the MIDI version and re-record it to an audio file if you want to change part of it.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I think SeaGtGruff is right. If you want to mix audio tracks with MIDI tracks on a keyboard, you'll either need to go with a DAW or with a high end keyboard. The DAW (even if you buy a computer just for the DAW) will be cheaper and easier to use than the high end keyboard for that purpose.

Ask a Question