reggae keyboardist looking for product sdvice

Reaction score
Hey i have been playing the keys for about six months now...i have the bang down and some other thing..but what i want to know is what are some keyboards i should be looking for..i am thinking off getting the new casio..but i would love to get a vintage keyboard..i am not picky..i am playing with a roland fantom and a hammond xb2..

Reaction score
If I recall correctly you can' t use the C/V and the leslie at the same time on an XB2 and I think the leslie is really weak as well. Upgrade your organ sound with a Neo Ventilator. This will also allow you to use the C/V on the organ while the Vent independently will supply a great Leslie. For reggae the Fantom should be OK and the XB2 with the Vent should cover the B3/leslie. You should get some mileage out of that setup for a while.

Reaction score
Thinks i will have to look into that..i would love to get a real hammond but to much carry..i like the new nord c2d..much lighter full draw bar set ..but i do love my xb2..dont have leslie but will get one soon...but i will have to look to the other keyboards you are talking about..thanks alot for the adive on my hammond..always looking for that ture b3 sound that i love...

Reaction score
Hi Ras, welcome to the forums.
I would also suggest looking into getting a Neo Ventilator (Leslie 122 modeling box). I've had Hammnds and leslies thru the years, and the Neo Ventilator is absolutely the best sounding leslie sound available under 50 pounds in weight. (The Ventilator weights about 3 or 4 pounds). You would be amazed at what it will do for the sound on the XB2. Don

Reaction score
Thanks don both of you have giveing me good adivce...i wont lie i didnt think off such i thing was out there thanks guy

Reaction score
Just so I'm clear, the Neo Vent is a leslie simulator but it is the best on the market. It will completely change the sound of your XB2. Hearing is believing..

Ask a Question