Reliable 2 Tiered Stand?

Reaction score
I am extremely disappointed in the Pro Line PL 402 two tiered stand. I used it for a few months in rehearsal, but the upper tier broke during the first real gig I used it in. And it was only supporting a little Korg Minilogue!

My other stand is a hodge podge of two separate pieces, and hasn’t failed me so far. . .so far. . .

What stands can you really rely on to take a beating in live gigs?

Reaction score
I use K&M 18880 plus stacker (it's pictured in my current avatar).

Not cheap but the first time I took it out a drunken patron tripped over a foldback wedge and crashed headlong into it. Stand survived and keyboards did not meet ground. Paid for itself several times over its first time out!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
a drunken patron tripped over a foldback wedge and crashed headlong into it.

This is why you should always play gigs at establishments where the drunken patrons are separated from the band by a sturdy barrier and/or a crew of stern, strong security guards. Of course, that doesn’t protect against drunken band members. :)

Reaction score
Hercules 2 tier Z stand, not the cheapest but it could support a 747 (a little over exaggeration may have crept in here), I know others here may say another make and I am not belittling their suggestions but if you want top quality engineering then you have to pay for it.

KS 410B shown in top image and below that is my setup with Kross 2 on top and my PA700 below, mine has been modified to include a lift up music stand and a bolt on bracket to take my mixer. I am or rather was a Professional Mechanical Engineer and on buying mine I examined every weld, connection, bracket and screw fixing and zero issues were present.

My mods consists of drilling 6 extra holes in the square section tube and fitting captive nuts to the holes, the music stand frame and mixer frame are simply bolted to the Z frame via the captive nuts.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've had good luck with these. Rated at 400 lbs. capacity.

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question