Replacing my Nord Stage Classic Compact

Reaction score
Hi

Due to COVID I've decided to sell my Nord Classic Compact and replace it for with similar keyboard for about 600 dollars. I'm wasn't impressed by the sound of my Nord Classic at all, I liked them but many times found it was lacking clarity. I'm looking something with at least 73 keys, similar keybed to this Nord and good sounds, don´t care if it's plastic. I've been looking at the Numa Compact 2x, which I can´t find available online at any store. Any other recommendations? I want something with built-in sounds.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Numa Compact 2X willl probably not be as good as the Nord Stage Classic for organ and synth, I'm less sure about pianos. The Numa will actually be better in realistic sounding other acoustic instruments (strings, brass, winds, guitars, etc.). There's nothing else comparable in its price range.

Reaction score
Numa Compact 2X willl probably not be as good as the Nord Stage Classic for organ and synth, I'm less sure about pianos. The Numa will actually be better in realistic sounding other acoustic instruments (strings, brass, winds, guitars, etc.). There's nothing else comparable in its price range.
HI, thanks for the reply. I'm actually not interested in any of the sounds you said the Numa beats the Nord. So you say that the Numa is my only option?

Reaction score
Yeah... for drawbar organ, synth, and piano, with more than 61 keys, I don't think there's anything close to the Numa near its price range. The forthcoming Kurzweil SP6-7 would probably be the next step up. Roland has the VR-730, Korg has the Vox Continental 73, but again, these are much pricier boards. Whether ANY of these gives you a better set of piano/organ/synth sounds than what you have in the Nord is by no means certain. (And none give you the level of hands-on controls.)

Reaction score
Yeah... for drawbar organ, synth, and piano, with more than 61 keys, I don't think there's anything close to the Numa near its price range. The forthcoming Kurzweil SP6-7 would probably be the next step up. Roland has the VR-730, Korg has the Vox Continental 73, but again, these are much pricier boards. Whether ANY of these gives you a better set of piano/organ/synth sounds than what you have in the Nord is by no means certain. (And none give you the level of hands-on controls.)
Tht's what's so good about the Nord, the controls. It's a shame I can't really afford to keep it. Do you think the Numa sounds are good for recording?

Reaction score
I really want to avoid using software. I want to keep thins simple, that's why I bought the Nord and my intention is to keep doing the same otherwise I get lost in the ocean of sounds available out there.

Reaction score
Yes, live is different, I was just answering your question about using it for recording. Of course you have the option to use the built in sounds for live and either built in sounds or software sounds for recording, as needed. I understand wanting to keep it simple, but at budget, there may need to be compromise. You may find the Numa sounds good enough for recording. But if you don't, it's your choice as to whether to settle for lesser sound or to add software complication, since you don't have the option of a pricier keyboard.

If you happen to already own an iPhone or iPad, you can also get some good sounds from there. There are lots of low-cost apps, and it is simpler to set up than loading VSTs onto a computer. The Numa does have good facilities for controlling external sounds and even mixing and matching internal and external sounds, similar to what your Nord does in its EXT section. This can even easily work live. IN fact, unlike the Nord, the Numa can even combine the audio from internal and external sounds and send it all out of its own outputs (because it can receive audio over the USB connection you'd use to connect it to an iPhone/iPad), so you can combine the sounds without even needing a mixer, and with very minimal extra cabling.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Now I really don't know if I should get the Nume or try to keep my Nord after all. I thought that with the Numa I was getting more less the same as the Nord in term of sound quality.

Reaction score
I don't think the Numa will give you a Nord quality organ (especially if you care about rotary effect and overdrive), or a Nord quality synth... Numa has far fewer synth controls (it's not just that they're not on the front panel, there aren't a whole lot more in the menus, either), I think only a single oscillator, and no mono mode or portamento.

Ask a Question