Resetting my synth to original sounds

Reaction score
I have Alesis QS.8.2 for many years . Does anyone know how to reset my keyboard to all original sounds ???
I tried by 0 and 3 restart then by pressing value and value buttons at the same time and also page and page buttons but it still does not function . Still many sounds are showing like some numbers or strange letters and does not work . Anyone has other idea ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It sounds like an internal battery needs to be replaced. Those require desoldering the old battery and soldering the new one in place. You should check the user manual for better information.

Reaction score
Sorry don't know what happened there. Search on Google for this site. Full manual is there.
Screenshot_20200402-221634__01.jpg

Reaction score
Re-Initializing Re-initializing will reset all Global parameters to their factory default settings and empty out the edit buffers. The Programs and Mixes in the User Bank will be preserved, though. Here’s how to do it: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Turn down the volume on your QS, your mixer, and your amplifier. Turn off your QS. Make sure the [MODULATION] wheel is all the way down. Turn on your QS while holding down buttons [0] and [3]. You’ll know you were successful if there is no name in the LCD display on the top line. Remember to go back into Global Mode and set up things the way you had them (things like the Keyboard Mode, Transposition, the A-D MIDI controller number assignments, etc.).

Ask a Question