Resetting the selected sounds already in the LIVE SETS on my Yamaha YC88

Reaction score
I had no problem programming new live set sequences on the pages not yet loaded but I am struggling to change the ones preloaded. I am an old-time player more familiar with Hammond organs, fender Rhodes, and acoustic pianos. The newer electronics offer a lot but also are challenging.
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Ed

Reaction score
There's no difference, the pre-loaded and the empty locations work the exact same way. Make/change the desired settings, hit Store, hit Enter. You can save into the existing location, or into a different one.

Reaction score
He Scott,
Thanks for getting back to me.
That worked on all but the live sets with the preset monochromatic leads. I can only switch the sounds to other monochromatic leads.
It's frustrating.

Reaction score
He Scott,
Thanks for getting back to me.
That worked on all but the live sets with the preset monochromatic leads. I can only switch the sounds to other monochromatic leads.
It's frustrating.
Remember that a Live Set is merely, well, a bunch of settings. If you want to start from the closest thing to a blank slate, start with an "Init Sound" Live Set which basically has the most "generic" settings as a starting point. If you instead choose to modify a Live Set that already has some desirable stuff happening in it, but it also has a particular setting you don't want it to have, you'll need to change that setting. In this case, if a Live Set has a monophonic lead sound in its Keys A or B section, that means it has the Mono/Poly setting for that section set to mono. You'll have to change that to poly if you want the sound for that section to be poly instead of mono. (See p.43 of the manual.)

Ask a Question