Retain preferred Global Settings on AKX10

Reaction score
After shutting down the AKX10 it seems that most Global Settings, for 'Controllers', 'DSP Effects' etc. on the keyboard reset to default and I have to set them up again to my preferred values, after switching the keyboard back on. Even the date reverses back to 2018/01/01. (I have the latest version of the operating system, by the way).
Am I missing something (like a "Save" button somewhere) or is my keyboard possibly defective?
Thank you very much for a feedback from the talented and expert musicians on this AKX10.

Reaction score
That the date is going to reset seems quite strange. I guess the AKX10 has somewhere a battery but that should not be uncharged yet.

However the other mentioned settings may be overwritten when you load a memory bank. Have you checked that you do not want them to be overwritten when loading a memory bank slot? You can do that under "BANK-> LOCK"...

Reaction score
If the date is resetting when powered off then the internal battery that runs the clock needs to be replaced. Batteries do prematurely fail.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your feedback.
• On the AKX10 operation manual there is no reference to a clock battery and I guess that replacing it might require opening up the keyboard which I'm hesitant to try (even though PCPanik on you tube actually shows hot to do it, in order to lubricate clicking keys).

• To preserve settings I tried locking each and every parameter but most preferences revert back to default.
For example, I like to set up my Sustain pedal as Sound -> Filter (for R2, R3, L and Phrase Pads). With these settings and all those buttons engaged, it's easy to transition to a full orchestral sound just by pressing the pedal.
So. I would like these settings (i.e. R2, R3, L phrase Pads, and the Filter selection) to remain engaged across all styles and when the keyboard starts up but, when I power the keyboard back on, or when I change style, all R2, R3, etc., everything switches to the selected style setting, even if I applied the Lock to all parameters.

• There is also something quite strange with the Filter applied to Phrase Pads:
With Sustain pedal off and when the Filter is applied to the Phrase Pads -with one or more of the four buttons active- the keyboard emits a strong deep pulsating sound, with the tempo of the current style, even if no key is pressed at all. Pressing the Sustain pedal, all Phrases come alive and sound normal, as expected, but revert to pulsating with Sustain pedal off.
Has anybody else come across the same phenomenon on the AKX10?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
After shutting down the AKX10 it seems that most Global Settings, for 'Controllers', 'DSP Effects' etc. on the keyboard reset to default and I have to set them up again to my preferred values, after switching the keyboard back on. Even the date reverses back to 2018/01/01. (I have the latest version of the operating system, by the way).
Am I missing something (like a "Save" button somewhere) or is my keyboard possibly defective?
Thank you very much for a feedback from the talented and expert musicians on this AKX10.

Regarding the date issue: I had the same problem. Answer from Medeli support: „Due to some abnormal reason, the battery on main board is empty, Please contact your dealer about the battery replace.“ I got a new keyboard… Your changes in the global settings should remain, however, they will be saved automatically. Otherwise you can save most changes in a performance memory bank.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I upgraded to firmware 1.3.6 & still experiencing the same problem to save those settings, very annoying indeed. My keyboard also more than 1yrs old hence no longer under warranty. I'll call the reseller to find out the cost to replace the bios battery..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads