Return From the Darkness

Reaction score
Well, as some of you know I've been off work this past week due to the fact that I stupidly went and touched the rotating blade of the table saw at work. Don't Do it!
The silver lining if that it has allowed me to finish off a bunch of songs here in my studio.
Soooo, here's another one.
Please have a listen and enjoy! It's a Symphonic Rock thingy!

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/return-from-the-darkness

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not the world's biggest metal head so I'm probably not your audience for this one.

One suggestion is to slur your lyrics a little more.

You enunciate too clearly.

Groups like Sabbath and ACDC sound like the lead singer has had a stroke :)

Nonetheless it sou8nds like a pretty competent romp in the genre. :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Another superb result.
The guitar work near the end is as good as any lead or famous rock bands I have ever heard.
Do you have your tunes out on the retail market? You surely are a professional musso hey?
Ray

Reaction score
I'm enjoying hearing your music, but it's a shame that's because you have injured yourself! Like you say, though, every cloud :)

Haha @happyrat1 your suggestion made me chuckle! :D Maybe the same result could be achieved with a few drams of whisky?! Smoking 20 a day would probably help, but I wouldn't recommend it ;)

@Jeremykeys I like how you cover so many genres in your music! You don't seem afraid to try new things and I like that. I'm not a massive fan of shouty heavy metal, but I like the more melodic stuff (like this one).

Reaction score
@ Becky Thank you! I really just write what I feel like at the time with no preconceived notions. It does in some ways make it difficult tough. I've told people that I write music and have been asked what style. I think that if the question comes up again my reply will be, "Most of them!".
If I can play a guitar today I think I might try a blues thing but it all depends on how my thumb feels.
Speaking of writing in different styles.
I just remembered a song that I wrote several years ago. Have a listen to this one, It's one of my favourites,

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/01-a-pirates-lament

Hope you like it! I recorded it on my old Yamaha digital recorder. This was before I got my fancy music computer.

Reaction score
Another superb result.
The guitar work near the end is as good as any lead or famous rock bands I have ever heard.
Do you have your tunes out on the retail market? You surely are a professional musso hey?
Ray
Hey Ray! Thanks very much for the kind words. No I'm not a professional but I have been at various times of my life. I've just found that having a day job pays the bills better. Most musicians that I know even when they are full time still struggle financially. As for my songs, nope, non out there in the retail market. All are out on Soundcloud for people to listen to for free. I'd like to make some decent money from my music but since I do it all in my home studio and I tend to work fast, I've found my music doesn't really have the polish that the pro stuff does. I do know that if I was to spend a lot more time on it I could get up to that level but I really don't have the time and I tend to put out a lot of songs. Quantity over quality I guess!
I'm just really glad people seem to like what I do.
Thanks again and feel free to scroll done through my songs. I've got over 50 of them on Soundcloud.

Ask a Question