Rhodes 660 ACI adaptor question

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post as I just joined today. I have a question and hopefully it's not a dumb one :)

I have a Rhodes Model 660, which I love except there are now a few issues I'm experiencing. The main issue concerns the AC power adaptor. There must be a loose wire inside by where it plugs in, as the only way it stays powered on is if pressure is applied in that area of the adaptor. Right now I'm using duct tape to keep it powered on but the tape often becomes loose and then of course it powers out. All that to say, I need a new AC adaptor.

Here's the question: do I actually need a branded Roland/Rhodes ACI adaptor for this machine (as it says in the manual) or would a generic brand work fine?

Thanks keyboard forum members!

Shawn

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I would try and do a proper repair on the original adapter before I'd try to replace it with third party adapter. If it screws apart and is fixable all you would need is to cut and resolder the wires with a new strain relief. Literally a 5 cent part.

Also I would stop using it until it is fixed because shorts in the power supply can literally kill a motherboard.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I would try and do a proper repair on the original adapter before I'd try to replace it with third party adapter. If it screws apart and is fixable all you would need is to cut and resolder the wires with a new strain relief. Literally a 5 cent part.

Also I would stop using it until it is fixed because shorts in the power supply can literally kill a motherboard.

Gary ;)
Thanks very kindly, Gary. Good advice.

Ask a Question