Rick Wakemen Keyboard Solo

Reaction score

Yes, I know and I am aware that it is an old solo he performed and most of you probably seen it already. But I do believe it was performed really well and he still inspires me to play keyboards. One of the best solos I seen/heard.

Reaction score
What makes me most impressed about that video is how he really mastered the technique for hitting the same key multiple times very fast, since that's god damn difficult :p (that probably depends on the keys on the keyboard pretty much as well, but still)

Great video, great solo, great keyboard player!

Reaction score
I love this video. Whenever my faith in humanity is shaken, I remember Rick Wakeman, and it is good once again.

I love the quick section (taken from Catherine Parr?) and have spent many hours trying to do it. I can do it with two hands, but the video isn't high enough quality to work out how he does the fingering. Repeating on thumb and first finger isn't quite quick enough, and thumb and two fingers doesn't leave enough fingers for the rest of the passage. I think this is taken from an ABWH show, so I'll have a look for a video/DVD of the whole thing.

Reaction score
Amazing performance indeed!

Does anyone happen to have sheets from any of it?
(or know which songs this medley consists of)

Reaction score
keyboard shred.

which band is/was he in? I know him from his show on planet rock. I have a feeling it's a prog band - prog's not really my cup of tea.

Reaction score
How would you capture the crowd cheering in a MIDI file? The closest you could come is using the General MIDI Applause program, which would be silly. The MIDI is probably a transcription of the solo.

Reaction score
How would you capture the crowd cheering in a MIDI file? The closest you could come is using the General MIDI Applause program, which would be silly. The MIDI is probably a transcription of the solo.

True, but I did try to find the solo as a midi file and it had midi applause XD. just making sure this didn't.

Reaction score
yeah, (spot the guitar player...) powertab's free and lets you import and edit midi. It does display the music as notes as well as tab, but it might still be totally confusing for someone not familiar with guitar.

Ask a Question