RIP HRH

Reaction score
It is a sad day for the world with the passing of Queen Elizabeth today.

70 years service providing council and support not only to the people of the UK and Commonwealth but also to all the world leaders who came in contact with her.

It does not matter if one is a republican, her contribution to the peoples of the world is immeasurable and one cannot fail to acknowledge her contribution.

RIP your majesty.

Reaction score
A sad day on this side of the pond as well. Respected and possibly the best Bond Girl of all time. Thank you for 70 years of service Queen Elizabeth. Eternal in our thoughts.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
She broke all the records and now we’re going to have Chuck’s face on our money :eek:

Hardly unexpected but somehow I think she should have taken early retirement after the third Jubilee.

In some former colonies she was a symbol of oppression and I can almost guarantee that the Québécois are partying tonight.

I’m ambivalent about the monarchy but curious to see where Charles and Camilla take it

RIP Liz

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
In summary . .
I assume Gary! You are not in favour of King Chas being Canada's regal rep. LOL.

Most Aussies have no respect for Chas. and his wife Camilla. Me included.

Republic Australia is now imminent.

No disrespect to QE2. Her grace and dignity will be missed.

R

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Most Canadians think of the crown as a figurehead with no real power to begin with, but the aboriginals blame the queen as being complicit in the thousands of unmarked graves being uncovered in the last few years. Along with our government and the clergy for the past century.

Gary;)

Reaction score
The power of the British monarchy declined after the English Civil War and when the German House of Hanover took over the throne the actions of Mad King George III put paid to the absolute power of the monarchy.

Despite them being The Windors in that its the name that is modern in its inception as the current Royal Family is still Hanoverian and hence of German origin.

The Royals may have been the head of state but it has been the Capitalists and the Military that have driven the persecution of the native indigenous populace in lands all over the world especially in the last 250 years in their desire for profit and self gratification.

The private East India Company had one of the largest Army’s in the World and rampaged and murdered all over the Indian sub-continent with the backing of the corrupt British Government.

In the USA with slavery and murder of the native indigenous population the British Monarchy can hardly be blamed for that all be it, Cities like Liverpool, Bristol and London not to mention huge swathes of the UK were built on the back of the slave trade.

The problems of the past should not be laid on a figurehead but on the Corporate entities that occupy the business districts of every major City in the world, they are the ones who have and are negatively exploiting the people and resources of this planet.

Ask a Question