RIP Rick Wright 1943-2008

Reaction score
May you Rest in Peace, you've done a lot for today's music and musicians.

Even though I haven't really listened that much to Pink Floyd, I do know that they were legendary, and that they were the inspiration for many of today's artists. So he probably has contributed quite a lot to the music industry, and for that, we will be forever greatfull.

Reaction score
That really does suck.. He has left a mark on the world though, and accomplished more than I ever will, and his name will be remembered! Rest in peace.

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
Im late but, R.I.P to him, such and underated keyboardist. The day of his death annoucement , I listen to only pink floyd in his honor.

Also I had to do a multimedia project for a band for they could project it on the scene while they were palying and during Their cover of shine on you crazy diamon I ahd many picture of RW.

Reaction score
Sargas said it better than I could have. It's sad when it's time for someone so young to go.

Coincidentally, the last few weeks I've been thinking about nabbing a copy of The Wall. I loved the music from that movie.

Reaction score
I've only just noticed this thread, but I feel compelled to say my bit.

I echo all the above sentiments - what a sad loss he is.

Pink Floyd have been my favourite band since I first heard "Shine on you crazy diamond" as a 14 year-old boy in 1978.

I spent all of my available paper-round money collecting everything of theirs I could
get my hands on, and bought "The Wall" on the day it was released.
I was also lucky enough to see the original live show in 1980... what a fantastic experience that was!

Richard Wright should be a true inspiration to anyone who sits down at a keyboard.

His subtle, ambient, sounds and his ability to pare back all the
unneccessary 'wizardry', especially prevalent in the grandiose 1970's, made the
'Pink Floyd sound' one that has remained a major influence in my
approach to keyboard playing and will continue to do so.

Rest In Peace, Richard and thank you.

Reaction score
Sargas said it better than I could have. It's sad when it's time for someone so young to go.

Coincidentally, the last few weeks I've been thinking about nabbing a copy of The Wall. I loved the music from that movie.

I strongly recommend The Wall, phenomenal music by a phenomenal band. You should also check out Animals, their best album in my opinion.

R.I.P. Rick Wright, whenever I'm listening to Pink Floyd I'll think of you... and of course Syd Barrett.

Reaction score
I only heard Pink Floyd for the first time this summer, but I like their sound. I'm going out with friends tomorrow night to hear another friend's jazz orchestra play the full Dark Side of the Moon.

Ask a Question