Roland A-80 FMV?

Reaction score
I have a mint condition Roland A-80 that is in perfect cosmetic and working order.

Can anyone tell me a fair market value for this? I simply do not have the time to play it and must sell.

Prices on Ebay are all over the map, from $375 no reserve starting bid to people asking $1,500.

I paid $1,000 US for it about 5 years ago.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

It's a sought after bit of kit - not hammers AFAIR - but a delight to play on, nice feel. I think each key has a little weight glued on.

I say it's sought after but I suspect only by players of a certain age. It's old, bulky and heavy. This is not a keyboard for a weekend warrior. It'd be great for someone with a little space devoted to music where they can leave it standing (all cabled up) with the midi out driving a computer hosting some (two handed) playable VSTs.

You could try a $500 buy it now on EBay with the offer option.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

It's a sought after bit of kit - not hammers AFAIR - but a delight to play on, nice feel. I think each key has a little weight glued on.

I say it's sought after but I suspect only by players of a certain age. It's old, bulky and heavy. This is not a keyboard for a weekend warrior. It'd be great for someone with a little space devoted to music where they can leave it standing (all cabled up) with the midi out driving a computer hosting some (two handed) playable VSTs.

You could try a $500 buy it now on EBay with the offer option.

Thanks for the welcome wishes and your detailed feedback. I had feared it would no longer be worth what I paid for it! Regarding the action, it remains one of the better electronic keyboards I have ever played, which is about 99% of why I bought it. It's a nice machine.

Reaction score
Its shame your not in the UK, I would pay £450-500 for it. I'm sure you will have plenty of action on ebay starting the bids at 375$ and see what happens.

Ask a Question