Roland A-800 Pro

Reaction score
Hello!
I've mapped the drawbars on the A-800 Pro by Roland to those on the Tone Wheel Organ in Vintage Organs by Native Instruments.
What is happening is, that when I engage the 1' drawbar, it's turning the volume down on the organ. I just updated to Kontakt Version 5.6.1.
There is no MIDI learn information on the volume slider. I've tried adding and removing MIDI learn information to no avail.
This doesn't happen in Pro Tools, with the DB-33.
I went into the settings on the keyboard and set the slider to "Controller 0".
Any ideas? :eek:
Thanx!

**This is copy of the post on the NI Forum.**

Reaction score
Thank you!
I hope someone can help me. I bought this keyboard specifically for the drawbars.
The manual isn't clear about how to integrate the EV-5 pedal, to control expression, either.

Reaction score
Gee.. I wish I could help you. I work with the Roland A-800 and A-300 to control drawbars and other things on my Korg Kronos. It's just Sysex messages and CC#. I'm not good with software and plug-ins, but it can't be too different, right? Hold on. Maybe I can find something on Youtube.
So is it this program basically? It looks and operates like this?:
It looks like an A-800 in the actual video demo.
I don't see any way to get inside the program and figure out how to make the A-Pro sliders talk to the virtual drawbars. I'd have to download the program somehow and poke around in it.

Reaction score
Gee.. I wish I could help you. I work with the Roland A-800 and A-300 to control drawbars and other things on my Korg Kronos. It's just Sysex messages and CC#. I'm not good with software and plug-ins, but it can't be too different, right? Hold on. Maybe I can find something on Youtube.
So is it this program basically? It looks and operates like this?:
It looks like an A-800 in the actual video demo.
I don't see any way to get inside the program and figure out how to make the A-Pro sliders talk to the virtual drawbars. I'd have to download the program somehow and poke around in it.
Thank you for this! :)

I'll post a comment there.

Ask a Question