Roland BK-9 and saving MFX effects not working. Heeeelp!

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have just bought that Roland BK-9 keyboard.
I have had problems from day one. Have been trying everything in the menus.

The MFX, MFX1 and MFX2 can not be saved. It always goes back to the original.
When i am in the Makeup Tool, i set the MFX settings, and after i go out and in again the settings are gone, and it is as it was.
It also happens in Performe edit, and also when pressing the MFX button to try to change the effects.

Everywhere i try, none effects is set as i set it. Or, yes it is when i load the Performace file, but when i start to play the song, it goes back to the original.

I see that others have asked about it on internet, and never got any answers about it.

It is really frustrating to not being able to use this new keyboard.

I tried to freeze data, and save. Also tried to save as a Performance, but it always goes back to the original settings.
The Roland manual does not say anything about this, and forum at roland is closed for new users.

How can i save the MFX settings so they will stay there?
Without this, the keyboard is just not usable.

I really need help with this, because i have tried and tried in a whole week now.

Crossing fingers that someone knows about it.

Pleeeesa heeeelp!!!

Viggo

Reaction score
But isn't there anyone that know this? It's no info on net or in the manual. It exists onle a few questions with no answers.

Reaction score
I got it halfway working.

When i iniatilize a new song it works.
When i go into the Makeup Tools and change effects, and then freeze and save, it works.

But now to the next problem.
When recording any ROM styles, it will not work.
I tried to go to Makeup Tools and do freeze and save, but it will not work. All effect settings goes back to original.

So now the problem is when recording a ROM style.
I thougth that i copied the ROM style when freeze and save in the Makeup Tools, but it is not working.

So, i can't use the keyboard until i get this right.

Isn't there someone that can give a tip or two?

Reaction score
I just learned that the BK-9 is discontinued, and the factory building in Italy is closed down. And there is no updates on the product.
And there is no help to get from support and no one else has a solution either.
So, bying the BK-9 would not be any good buy. I also learned that Roland always discontinue arranger keyboards after a short while.
So, next time i think it will be a Korg instead no matther if the sounds from Roland is better.
I now have this keyboard and are going to use it anyway. I can play and record on it and compose songs on it.

Ask a Question