Roland BK-9 arranger

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've sold my Roland G-70, my BK-7M, my Technics SX-GX7 and my Yamaha EL-25.

I bought for me the new Roland BK-9 arranger.

Is here anybody who has this arranger too?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice looking keyboard Goldi. Congratulations and here's hoping you have a lot of fun with it. ;)

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid in USD?

Gary

Reaction score
Decent price. Did you buy it locally or order it from the web?

Locally by 4sound in Karlstad/Sweden.

Congrats Goldi, I hope you enjoy your new keyboard, have a lot of fun amigo! I am still amazed what my PRS S950 can do.

Thank you Dick, I try hard to read the manual and the very interesting tone-lists; there I found - what I am looking a long time for - some wonderful church organ tones like 'Pricipal' or 'Mixtures' and not only the usual church organ sounds. The two displays (no touch displays) need getting used to. But after a while it seems quite normal. There are lots of possibility tweaking tones etc. You can even store your favourite tones.

Reaction score
Good choice. I have just bought a BK-9 too for gigging. Great through my Stereo and headphones but when I try to use my stage mono monitor the sound isn't very good. Anybody got any suggestions?

Trevor

Reaction score
Goldi
Trevor

Congrats to you both on your BK-9's. I agree with Gary. That is one great looking (and sounding) board. The dual displays make it look like it really means business. I am sure you will both enjoy them very much for a long time to come. Don't think there are too many others here on this forum that have them yet, but there are several really "heavy giggers" over on the General Arranger Keyboard Forum that are using BK-9's. If you haven't already done so, you might want to drop in over there and introduce yourselves. I know you would be welcome, as everyone is still in a "learning" mode with them and eager to swap hints and tips.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/37/1/General_Arranger_Keyboard_Foru

Best of luck to you both !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Where is everybody? Last post was in March 2014!

Getting to know my BK-9 much better now and am really pleased with using the arranger to develop songs. Anybody interested in swapping song ideas which work with the preset styles?

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how can i connect my bk-9 with my ipad air through usb cable. Whenever I connect it the apps(BK-9 editor and bk partner) say that the device not found. My ipad air firmware version 8.1.2 and my keyboard version 1.06

Reaction score
anpaniket

The iPad connects via the "Class Compliant" drivers that are built-in to its operating system (iOS), but the BK-9 can connect via the "Class Compliant" drivers or via Roland's after market drivers, so you must tell the BK-9 which type of drivers to connect via. On the BK-9, go to MENU > Global > Utility > USB Driver (See Page 143 of the manual). If it is set to "Original", change it to "Generic", and this should resolve your problem. If it is already set to "Generic", then you have a different problem. In this case, check your physical connections, particularly that small Lightning connection that plugs into the iPad. All Roland units that have this setting are supposed to ship with it set to "Generic", but many units make their way onto retailers shelves with it set to "Original" (or "Vendor" on some units).

Last edited:
Reaction score
To answer the original question, I have a BK-9 and since I have had it only a few months, I am still learning . I gig with three other keyboards and stay pretty busy, I like it a lot,however, and in time will have it ready as well.
Bernie

Reaction score
anpaniket

The iPad connects via the "Class Compliant" drivers that are built-in to its operating system (iOS), but the BK-9 can connect via the "Class Compliant" drivers or via Roland's after market drivers, so you must tell the BK-9 which type of drivers to connect via. On the BK-9, go to MENU > Global > Utility > USB Driver (See Page 143 of the manual). If it is set to "Original", change it to "Generic", and this should resolve your problem. If it is already set to "Generic", then you have a different problem. In this case, check your physical connections, particularly that small Lightning connection that plugs into the iPad. All Roland units that have this setting are supposed to ship with it set to "Generic", but many units make their way onto retailers shelves with it set to "Original" (or "Vendor" on some units).

I am just interested if the BK 9 now owrks with the iPad Editor for the BK-9?
Because I am searching for somebody who works with the iPad BK 9 editor and the BK-9 for a little test.... to understand the communication between the iPad and the BK.

Reaction score
Hej Wolf, read here:

Thank you for the link.
But this is a link to a forum and not to a specific post. Is this correct?

As I can read in your posts, you seem to have a BK-9.
Didi you ever test the iPad app "BK Editor"?

Reaction score

Ask a Question