Roland d10 troubles

Reaction score
Love the sounds of this thing. But after a day in the studio, some sounds work and some don't. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows any great tech centers for this thing (could use some attention) in central Jersey please let me know where to take it. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you've been having troubles with you D10, has this happened recently or have you only just noticed it?

Reaction score
Thanls. Fairly recent. happened not to long ago and I stored it away to see if it was a thing that could be fixed by giving it a rest.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Possibly a configuration error.

Take a look in your manual for a Factory Reset or Initialize procedure and see if that clears it up before taking it in for service.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are the sounds that disappeared factory presets or were they user sounds programmed in by you or someone else?

Did you originally buy it used or new?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I got it used in a trade. It worked fine when i got it then after a long recording sessions it just...started not making certain sounds.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure it's a dead battery. One nasty "feature" of a lot of Roland models is that when the battery dies or the board gets reset, you have to restore all the presets from a backup.

Personally I find that reason enough to steer clear of Roland Boards.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My understanding is that you have to install them from either a factory disk or else have made a backup.

Roland memory is volatile.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question