Roland E-09 - "Lock Status" problem !

Reaction score
I have Roland e-09 interactive arranger keyboard since last 6 years. It's very nice to play, but suddenly I'm facing a problem as below :-

a) When switched on, LCD is showing "Lock Status" and "Temo + / -" buttons are not working.

b) Other functios are working but
increase or decrease Transpose value from "Tempo + / -" button is not working.

c) Also sometimes "Arranger" button or "Sync Start" button turned on by itself.

d) Even I can't execute "Factory Setting". Because "Yes" button is combined with "Tempo +" button and it's not working.

Please share a solution.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Either someone with sticky fingers has been operating your keyboard causing the buttons to stick or else the buttons themselves have failed.

It's either a cleaning job or a replacement job for a tech.

Not impossible for a skilled DIY tech but not a job for the neophyte. The whole thing has to pretty much come apart and pull the control board(s) in question.

What sort of buttons are they? Are they the clicky type or the soft and silent rubber membrane type?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Either someone with sticky fingers has been operating your keyboard causing the buttons to stick or else the buttons themselves have failed.

It's either a cleaning job or a replacement job for a tech.

Not impossible for a skilled DIY tech but not a job for the neophyte. The whole thing has to pretty much come apart and pull the control board(s) in question.

What sort of buttons are they? Are they the clicky type or the soft and silent rubber membrane type?

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Then they're probably cheap assed phosphor bronze dome switches that may have already failed and require replacement.

I'd suggest taking it to a local repair shop who knows keyboards and let them worry about finding replacement parts and installing them.

It's probably a job way beyond your personal abilities to attempt this repair by yourself anyway.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question