roland e09 or ymaha psr e433

Reaction score
Hi,

I am from new jersey , united states. I want to buy one arranger workstations. I have selected 2 models one is roland e09 and another is yamaha psr e433. I am really confused abut which one to choose. It will be really helpful if any one of you can help to make my decision.

Reaction score
hi niljan,
I have aroland e09 arranger keyboard and like it a lot. some great tones and rythms
I would however say that yamaha is a lot better supported on the internet than roland
as regards to get ? to be honest I would go for a Casio ctk7000 range of keyboards as
everything you could possibly want is on board . just my opinion. george

Reaction score
Hi George,

Thanks for your reply. I don't prefer Casio, as I had a very bad experience with Casio keyboards. I want a budget arranger, which is worth of money. I have read that Roland is much superior in tones as its it has some real time tones as compared to Yamaha. I get an Roland E09 for 300$, and yamaha E433 for 250$. Which one should I pick ? Other options are really not for me as I am not going to put more than 300$.

Reaction score
I have been a Yamaha fan and player for many years, tried other keyboards including Casio sometimes but still find the overall sound of Yamaha superior. As mentioned the support and help (psrtutorial.com) from thousands of users is great. My bet the E433 is your best choice for the money. As arranger I would say a bit of a 'beginners' level and of course limited however good. You get what you pay for.

Reaction score
Depends on the soundsource. AHL and ZPI are the ones to go for on a casio, AWM is ok, but on lower models you can hear the compression, Roland still sounds dated if you compare a new low end arranger to a SC-88 unit. My choice would be a Casio WK system but as always, got to an independant keyboard shop and try various ones out side by side and go on your judgment of sound, usability, and expansion options. No point having an awesome sound source if you can't do much with it. If you like to daisy chain equipment, look for proper midi ports too.

Ask a Question