(Roland em-20) I need help selecting MIDI channel

Reaction score
Hi, so i've got this old roland em-20 creative keayboard and i'm trying to use it as a midi controler.

The issue i have is that the default MIDI channel is channel 4. With some plug-ins that's not a problem because you can use any channel, but i'm trying to use Arturia B3 presets in analog lab 4 and requires the MIDI channel 1.

I've been searching how to select channel 1 all day and all i've have is this:

Sin título.png

So according to that the channel 1 is accomp. 1 but I have no clue how to select that on the keyboard.
I can't find anything so I've decided to try my luck here.

If someone can help me I'll be really thankfull.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't think you can use the Accompaniment 1 channel for what you want to do, since that would be one of the parts played by the auto accompaniment, not by you.

I'll reply further in the duplicate thread you posted in the MIDI subforum, since the possible solutions don't have anything to do with the Roland EM-20 per se, but more to do with MIDI software and hardware.

Reaction score
I've been thinking and I think the solution might be finding a way to change the channel in analog lab or to find a way of "routing" channel 4 into channel 1 via software.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly right. I haven't check Analog Lab to see whether it lets you select the MIDI channel, but if it doesn't then you'll want to use a intermediary program that can move the events from one channel to the other. What operating system is your computer on?

Reaction score
I'm using windows, I'll check that thanks. I manage to do it in Fl Studio with a native plugin called Midi Out But I want to use analog lab in other DAWs too.

Ask a Question