Roland Fantom 8

Reaction score
The Reviews and Product Support videos are imoressive.

The Fantom makes the Juno look positively pre-historic.

Mind you at $4000 the Kronos and Montage also look impressive.

Half the price is the Kursweil PC4 which gets greats reviews and it pi55es me off that they are none here in the UK anywhere near me as I would love to give one a try.

Reaction score
I’m enjoying the heck out of my Juno. Being a first for me I really do love it. But you never know maybe next year Or so will upgrade. Gotta start saving.

Reaction score
Im enjoying my Fantom 7...

As for the Kurzweil... Id love to try one however, I did contact the distributor direct (about 18 months ago about the PC3 mind) about where I might try one (and I was prepared to travel). They basically told me not to bother, because I wouldnt like the "list" editing system.

Im afraid that put me off - not the keyboard of Kurzweil ... but Im not buying anything when the distributor has that attitude about their own products.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Basically you only work with the dealer during and roughly a month after purchase.

Anything after that is factory authorized work.

I wouldn't let an a$$h*le dealer discourage you.

There's a good reason why people buy a Kurzweil and still use them 20 years later and it's a shame more people don't look into it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yeh - if it were a dealer Id agree - but it wasnt, its the distributor.... meaning any issues in its life Id have to deal with them as Kurzweils sole UK representatives.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You might want to report his behaviour to Kurzweil's Head Office People.

I'm certain they'd pull his distributorship faster than you can spell " mississippi " if they were aware that he was actively disrespecting their products.

Don't let the a$$h*les Win man!!!! :cool:

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually, a Kurzweil executive runs a small Kurzweil forum on the web. It's a very tight community and your story should really be told to the right people.

I'm certain they have no idea that the UK distributorship is actively sabotaging their sales. :mad:

Here's the URL:

Drop in some time and send an Email to Hippogrito the Sysadmin.

The business world is tough enough without your distributors stabbing you in the back. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yeh - if it were a dealer Id agree - but it wasnt, its the distributor.... meaning any issues in its life Id have to deal with them as Kurzweils sole UK representatives.

The Distributor is why we effectively only have Kursweil keyboards at Bonners.

A solitary showroom 300 miles from me on the wrong side of London is of no use what so ever.

Ask a Question