Roland fp-90 metronome off

Reaction score
When I start a recording on my Roland fp-90, it starts with a metronome. I can only turn this off after it has done one bar of clicks. This throws me off balance (I often use a slow intro).
Can't I start a recording without the metronome?

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's probably an option to turn off the metronome somewhere in the menus. I'd suggest reading the PDF of the manual on your computer and doing a text search for all instances of the word "metronome."

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I read the manual (I always do), but it is extremely basic. It just says how to turn the metronome on while playing or during playback, but nothing about recording. Well, it does say 'You can sound the metronome if you like', but that refers to playing the metronome throughout the recording. Fortunately, by default it doesn't do that, but it does always play a count-in. And that is what I want to turn off because it's very annoying. One workaround is to set it very fast so it's over in half a second (and not a rhythm that throws me off balance), but of course that won't do.

I also did several searches on the internet, but found nothing.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd say your next step is to ask Roland Tech Support and post the question over on http://forums.rolandclan.com/ and see if anyone there has any ideas.

It may be possible to adjust the output value of the metronome to zero thus making it even easier to ignore.

Other than those I'm fresh out of suggestions.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Can't I start a recording without the metronome?
You sure can:

tumblr_pgm755xFZp1ual3guo1_400.jpg

Page 10 of your manual.

Reaction score
Oh stupid, I remember reading that now, but forgot.
I searched for 'metronome' in the manual, as happyrat1 suggested, but of course that didn't lead me there.
Thanks!

Ask a Question