Roland Gaia malfunction

Reaction score
i bought a Gaia with allegedly 3 hours on it, and, judging by the condition in which it arrived-I have no reason to doubt it. However-it has locked up twice since I have had it.
it will get stuck on a note and stay there. Trying to restore it to factory settings does absolutely no good. Somehow-if you turn it on & off enough times-it then will be OK.

Here's my problem. Roland will not honor their warranty if you are not the original owner. I find this nothing short of outrageous because they are not standing behind their product! I am an electronic tech of 30 years experience & believe this is afactory defect.

Since It has no warranty-I mayjust open it up to see if I can figure out what is wrong. Any ideas. I have had over thirty keyboards-new and used-including 4 bought on ebay and NEVERhhad a electronic probllem with any of them-including 5 pieces of Roland equipment.
Am I wrong in thinking Roland is wrong? As far as I am concerned-they are hiding behind their cruddy policy. This product is about 4 months old. If it hasn't been abused or tampered with-they should fix it NO CHARGE. It is just good consumer policy. It has this intermittant problem that are hardest kind to fix. I think they should be honor bound. Am I nuts-yeah probably! but ...

Reaction score
I was going to say: "check if your "key holder" key is pressed" but... as you said you have 30 years experience, I guess the only thing I can do is to wish you good luck...

Ask a Question