Roland go:keys with JX-08

Reaction score
Hi guys! I've been playing piano for a couple of years now, but I want to start playing with synths, so my question is,

Is it possible to use a JX-08 module with the go:keys so I can be able to apply effects/filters to the sounds stored in the go:keys ? or the JX-08 will only work with its own preset sounds ?

And second question: if the JX-08 will only work with its own presets, is there some other product that allows me to apply filters/effects to the sounds coming from a synth ?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Is it possible to use a JX-08 module with the go:keys so I can be able to apply effects/filters to the sounds stored in the go:keys ? or the JX-08 will only work with its own preset sounds ?

JX-08 only lets you work with its internal sounds, but you're not limited to its preset sounds, you can also create and store your own sounds on it.

And second question: if the JX-08 will only work with its own presets, is there some other product that allows me to apply filters/effects to the sounds coming from a synth ?

You can use external effects pedals. There are also synths that have external audio inputs that permit some amount of processing. (The JX-08 does have a "Mix In" audio jack, but it just passes the signal through, it has no options to process it.) So for example, sticking with the Roland Boutique modules, the SE-02 lets you process an external sound through its filter.

Ask a Question