Roland:go

Reaction score
Hello,

I have Roland:Go piano (61keys) and I have one question. There are visible chord names on the screen in the background (name of chords, maj, mi, sus, 7..).

Is there any way how to switch on the functionality which shows me the chord name which I am playing right now? It works in the the Roland mobile app "Piano partner". But would prefer to have it directly visible on the keyboard.

Thanks for answer.

Reaction score
Welcome.

The operation of the Go Piano seems to be inline with the products of other manufacturers, namely an App enables more functionality than is available within the keyboard.

Hence I very much doubt if it will do what you seek, but there is a but, in that there may be a key combination that turns on the functionality as long as the unit is powered on.

This would be as per other aspects of the Go in that it probably will not remember the setting so you would need to enable it each time it is powered on.

If no other member here knows the answer specifically then contact the retailer (you are shafted if you bought off Amazon or eBay but if you did ask a wuestion on the page or support forum), lastly contact Roland but do not hold you breath waiting for a response most manufacturers are fery slow to respond if at all.

What I would suggest is you print out a chord chart and display it next to your Go.

You can continue to study the chart when you are away from the keyboard and it should become clear that each chord pattern is the same in each category.

Play a major C triad (3 notes) and hold the chord, count the unplayed notes between the played notes, then play any other three note Major and repeat the exercise, notice the same number of unplayed notes. Quickly you learn the placement and it becomes second nature.

Repeat with minor chords, then with 7th and M7, continue with Dim and Sus and you have learned a lot.

Time to move on with chord inversions and yep you guessed it there is a pattern there too.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Hi Biggles,

thanks for answer. I am curious if there is anybody else who knows something about this.
I am learning the chords exactly as you wrote. In a classical way with piece of paper in front of me. :)

This functionality would be nice to show me the name of the chord if I play something what sounds nice and I do not know what is it.

I wrote a message via Roland Backstage webpage to their support. Automatic answer says that they will reply in two working days. So let's see what will be the result.

Reaction score
My Korg EK 50 displays chords like you want to do. It is very handy as i am a beginner too. My Yamaha DGX-670 does not.

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I received an answer from Roland support. See below. It is a pitty, but it is not possible.
Dear Ivo,

Thank you for contacting us related to your GO:pIANO 61P.

Unfortunately, the requested function is not available on the piano, only the app can provide this information.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!

Best regards/ Üdvözlettel
Béres József
Roland Customer Support

Reaction score
How have you found the go keys do you like it?
Go keys & Go piano are two very different keyboards.

If you are interested in one I would suggest buying one where full refund returns are very easy to obtain.

I bought a Go Keys for our Grandkids to try and generate some interest in music, whilst it has a screen it does not have any Minecraft characters in it hence zero interest by them so I had a noodle around with it before returning it to Amazon. I was not impressed a Yamaha E series would be a wiser buy or for an extra £60 a Korg EK50

Reaction score
Go keys & Go piano are two very different keyboards.

If you are interested in one I would suggest buying one where full refund returns are very easy to obtain.

I bought a Go Keys for our Grandkids to try and generate some interest in music, whilst it has a screen it does not have any Minecraft characters in it hence zero interest by them so I had a noodle around with it before returning it to Amazon. I was not impressed a Yamaha E series would be a wiser buy or for an extra £60 a Korg EK50
Yes Biggles i decided to buy the Korg EK 50 some months ago,happy with it for the price,thanks for your opinion.

Ask a Question