roland juno D stopped working

Reaction score
Hi My keyboard stopped working the other night mid jam..It works with headphones but softly..I took the back off tonight for the first time just to see if i could but didnt do anything other than have a look. and nothing stood out..Should i give it a spray and with what? ive got Inox but thought id get some guidance. Actually with the volume on max and the amp turned up it does play but softly. thanks in advance

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all before you start opening things up, if it's an internal electrical problem and you think you can fix it with a "spray" then you shouldn't be opening it up.

Here's some things you CAN check.

1) Rotate the volume pot or work the volume slider as well as any other knobs or sliders and see if it makes a difference.

2) Check if you have a volume pedal attached and check what position it may be in

3) Unplug all connected devices and only check it with speakers and power connected.

4) Check your keyboard settings and see if MIDI Local is turned off.

5) If everything failed up to this point, then try initiating a factory reset of settings as described in your manual.

6) If none of the above made a difference, it's time to give up and take it in for service. There's nothing more you are capable of doing.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the info even if your opening was .slightly patronising.,None of those things made any difference but i know a bit more than i did

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey philk, I don't think it was necessary to make that remark "patronising" As far as I can see you asked for help and received a good deal of worthwhile advice. You should show more gratitude.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's all OK man.

If I REALLY wanted to be condescending I'd have posted this : :D

LABOR-RATES-copy.jpg

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Really i am grateful for the advice and my patronising comment wasnt needed but opening it up and giving it a visual and a vacuum isnt such a crime.So thanks again Gary.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're very welcome.

It was not my intention to sound patronising but the naivete of the statement "My volume is low can I fix it with a spray?" is literally mind boggling to anyone in the tech industry.

First of all if it's still under warranty you NEVER open it up yourself.

If it's out of warranty and you open it up more often than not neophytes end up unable to put it properly back together again.

And believe me, if there's anything visually fried inside, it takes at least a modicum of soldering experience to be able successfully identify and replace a fried component and chances are if something fried it took out a few other components with it.

And finally without proper test gear 99% of electronic problems are simply unfixable. A multimeter and a screwdriver will only take you so far with most problems and amateurs tend to f*** things up more often than not when they attempt an uninformed repair.

I'm not belittling you, but I am just responding to the facts as you presented them

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You're very welcome.

It was not my intention to sound patronising but the naivete of the statement "My volume is low can I fix it with a spray?" is literally mind boggling to anyone in the tech industry.

If it's out of warranty and you open it up more often than not neophytes end up unable to put it properly back together again.

And believe me, if there's anything visually fried inside, it takes at least a modicum of soldering experience to be able successfully identify and replace a fried component and chances are if something fried it took out a few other components with it.

And finally without proper test gear 99% of electronic problems are simply unfixable. A multimeter and a screwdriver will only take you so far with most problems and amateurs tend to f*** things up more often than not when they attempt an uninformed repair.

I'm not belittling you, but I am just responding to the facts as you presented them

Gary ;)
You're very welcome.

Gary ;)
Apology accepted. I obviously didnt get across my competency in pulling things apart.

Ask a Question