Roland Juno Di can play MIDI from USB or be driven by DAW, how to do it on Juno DS?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
As to the "Why?" part of your question all I can say is that MIDI was invented in the early 70's and as a protocol it may have "evolved" somewhat since the days your vintage gear was created.

Upshot is either learn the newest ways of doing things or else give up making music.

Nobody's going to wind the clock back 50 years so you can " do it the way you've always done it." :D :D :D

Either stick with the vintage gear as long as you can possibly squeeze the life out of it or else join the dark side of the force, buy gear made this decade, and teach yourself how things are done these days.

Tempus Fugit... ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
As to the "Why?" part of your question all I can say is that MIDI was invented in the early 70's and as a protocol it may have "evolved" somewhat since the days your vintage gear was created.

Upshot is either learn the newest ways of doing things or else give up making music.

Nobody's going to wind the clock back 50 years so you can " do it the way you've always done it." :D :D :D

Either stick with the vintage gear as long as you can possibly squeeze the life out of it or else join the dark side of the force, buy gear made this decade, and teach yourself how things are done these days.

Tempus Fugit... ;)

Gary ;)
Unfortunately, sir, moving from the Di to the DS was moving BACKWARDS. Going from 1100 patches to 128 is NOT progress. The DS uses the majority of the Di patches and has improved on several.

Admittedly, as I mentioned awhile ago, I bought the DS at the time as a live performance synth, playing in multiple bands. However, I did not do my homework in planning on ever to use the DS as a studio machine, I assumed it would have the same OR BETTER capabilities than the Di. I was wrong.

So the DS was a step backwards. It appears that the FA series has the capability of doing sequencing AND does import/export of midi files.

The "old ways" gave me much more capability and creativity, I'm able to construct and arrange music with the thousands of patches available. The DS has irreconcilable limits, forcing me to go back to the Di or get an FA (FA06, 07, or 08).

Ask a Question