Roland juno di keyboard low battery

Reaction score
Am using Juno DI keyboard and massage pop up on the screen low battery, mean while am using adapter because of that i cant access the keyboard i try changing the cmos battery i couldn't even see where cmos battery is located on the motherboard ,pls i need your help.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Your DI has both AA batteries and a Button cell.

Turn the keyboard upside down on a soft surface and you will see the battery compartments, the button cell compartment will require an allen key to remove the retaining screw.

Check the manual for what type of button cell is needed and if you need to have the keyboard powered on or at least the power connector live before removing the button cell.

In my Korg I had to have the unit powered on before changing the button cell.

Reaction score
Your DI has both AA batteries and a Button cell.

Turn the keyboard upside down on a soft surface and you will see the battery compartments, the button cell compartment will require an allen key to remove the retaining screw.

Check the manual for what type of button cell is needed and if you need to have the keyboard powered on or at least the power connector live before removing the button cell.

In my Korg I had to have the unit powered on before changing the button cell.
Pls i have tune down the keyboard i only see the AA battery compartment i didn't find the button cell as you said.

Reaction score
Thank you very much Biggles Pls i have try my best to locate the button cell still i cant locate it i follow the manual still so pls if you have picture of that particular compartment i beg of you send it to me ok . more over am a military man in Ghana Air Force and i use it in military band because of that am worried pls help me. thank you.

Reaction score
I do not have a DI so cannot be more precise.

Enlist the help of your Bandmaster and colleagues, plenty of eyes should find the compartment.

Or if you find who in your camp looks after the electrical and mechanical equipment ask them to help they should be skilled enough.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I do not have a DI so cannot be more precise.

Enlist the help of your Bandmaster and colleagues, plenty of eyes should find the compartment.

Or if you find who in your camp looks after the electrical and mechanical equipment ask them to help they should be skilled enough.

Hello from Toulouse, i have the same issue. Did you find it ?

Reaction score
Hello from Toulouse, i have the same issue. Did you find how to change it finally ?

Reaction score
Michael, send us a picture of the bottom of your keyboard. I'm guessing that it is not even a DI model.

Reaction score

Attachments

• D4829CCC-A4CD-4199-BC94-8659848D66ED.jpeg
    D4829CCC-A4CD-4199-BC94-8659848D66ED.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 160
  • 02ADAA3A-7B3E-458C-80E3-8278431BBD18.jpeg
    02ADAA3A-7B3E-458C-80E3-8278431BBD18.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 0BB12E99-F404-4D14-8477-54361DC73CC5.jpeg
    0BB12E99-F404-4D14-8477-54361DC73CC5.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 140
Reaction score
There is no CMOS battery listed in the manual, the low battery indication seems to be for the optional AA cells that can be used to power the Juno.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hello from Toulouse, i have the same issue. Did you find it ?

Good morning bro hope you are doing well, am still having problem with my juno di still displaying low battery
i cant use the keyboard anymore please if you are able to fix your own please help me to fix my am so disturb about it thank you .

Reaction score
Hello from Toulouse, i have the same issue. Did you find how to change it finally ?

Good morning bro am still having problem with my juno di still displaying low battery due to that i cant use the keyboard anymore pls if you are able to fix your own please help me to fix my own too thank you.

Reaction score
Good morning brother am sorry i didn't reply your comment early please this is the pictures of my juno di still displaying low battery for the pass almost one year am not been able to use it please help me to fix it thank you. the keyboard is very very neat and i love it i dont wont to lose it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_101748.jpg
    IMG_20210411_101748.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20210411_102034.jpg
    IMG_20210411_102034.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20210411_105233.jpg
    IMG_20210411_105233.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 103
Reaction score
I have done a little preliminary research on the Juno DI and I cannot find anywhere in the manual where it talks about replacing any kind of battery on the synth except for the AA batteries that are used when one does not want to use the power supply.

Nowhere in this thread does it indicate that you have actually tried to replace the AA batteries yet. Have you tried to put in new AA batteries and see if that takes care of the problem? You may have to turn off the unit and turn it back on for the OS to recognize that you have new batteries in there.

Have you taken the dead batteries out and tried running the Juno DI from the power supply only? Does that work? If there is a problem with the power supply, you would not know if you still had the AA batteries in there, except for the indicator that you were indeed running on batteries. The best way to test that is to remove the batteries, plug in the power supply, and turn the unit on.

I would also consult the manual because it tells you what type of AA batteries to use for the synth to work the best.

These days, and for the last 15 years or so, most keyboards do not use a coin-cell battery for memory storage becaue most of the memory is in Flash ROM, which does not usually need to have a battery to keep the memory. Some keyboards do use coin-cell batteries (Korg PA700/1000), but that is more for date/time retention and does not affect the memory storage of the user and system settings.

Maybe there is something internal to the Juno DI that is supposed to reset itself upon the replacement of the AA batteries and this is not happening. You may have to do a factory reset of the Juno DI in order for the new batteries to register. If so, then I would recomment you back up any custom settings and programs to a flash drive before doing so.

If your unit will not power on, then I would recommend finding a Roland service center to help you out a bit more. Minimally, I would recommend sending a message or calling Roland to get more information.

Grace,
Harry

Reaction score
Good morning brother am sorry i didn't reply your comment early please this is the pictures of my juno di still displaying low battery for the pass almost one year am not been able to use it please help me to fix it thank you. the keyboard is very very neat and i love it i dont wont to lose it.
I also have the same problem any one who can give us the solution?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I also have the same problem any one who can give us the solution?
My Juno DI just leaves The Roland support in Toulouse. It changed the motherboard circuit multiplexer. Nothing to see with the low battery issue !

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
There's no button battery or cmos in juno di, if battery low popping in the screen, the problem is the sub main board or jack board. My advice is use 12volts power adapter instead of 9v which is the original supply. I tried it already and it works. Thank you

Ask a Question