Roland Juno DS DAW Question..??

Reaction score
Hello, First a statement. Looking forward to learning and growing with everyone.
Just purchased the DS yesterday , tried using the "daw" option. has anyone had success with this?
Is it a matter of synchronization...or old man user error?

Dell PD win 7 SP1
Cakewalk Professional DAW
M-Audio M Track 2x2 Interface Mdi and Audio

Ive connected via usb and drivers are updated and loaded.
No response from software after many tries. So i defaulted to restore factory setting s on the JUNO DS. still no go.

any advise/suggestions.

thanks much.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Cakewalk requires a great deal of configuration with your keyboards before it's ready to go.

Advise that you visit the Cakewalk forums and request some step by step explanations and handholding.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/

Also advise you check out Cakewalk's video tutorials over on Youtube.

Once you have an overview of the situation ask back here with any particular glitches or problems you may have.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
So does Cubase. I followed all the Roland instructions and it finally worked. Cool someone with yoir DAW is helping.

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. I suppose I want it all , but I'm unable to see if we have the option to record more than one sequence pattern and then assign each one to one of the 8 pads?

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. I suppose I want it all , but I'm unable to see if we have the option to record more than one sequence pattern and then assign each one to one of the 8 pads?

You can put one pattern on at a time. However you can save multiple in a row and switch seemlessly during performance using the +/- on patch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. The critical mistake I made is that I'm neither a keyboard player, nor do I play live.
Perhaps I could use this as a sound module . I'm still with in the return window at my local Guitar Center.
Just trying to record my originals. Ive already bought and returned the Behringer X18 thinking could use that in my home studio. wrong. couldn't figure it out so i returned it. Embarrassed to bring this in, guys are gonna kill me.
Just sold off my KORG Tri Le.. shouldve hung on to it, enough of my whining.
All the You tube, videos are showing live (real) keyboard players.. but every song just loops around and around and around. That is NOT what i need...I need something I can chain the patterns together to create a song...wow..what a concept. To create a song with chord changes. Anyway..let me go find the packing material, and get out your hair. Thanks a million. old dogs ..not learning new tricks. let me stick to guitar and bass. I least I can play them passably. Ha.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. The critical mistake I made is that I'm neither a keyboard player, nor do I play live.
Perhaps I could use this as a sound module . I'm still with in the return window at my local Guitar Center.
Just trying to record my originals. Ive already bought and returned the Behringer X18 thinking could use that in my home studio. wrong. couldn't figure it out so i returned it. Embarrassed to bring this in, guys are gonna kill me.
Just sold off my KORG Tri Le.. shouldve hung on to it, enough of my whining.
All the You tube, videos are showing live (real) keyboard players.. but every song just loops around and around and around. That is NOT what i need...I need something I can chain the patterns together to create a song...wow..what a concept. To create a song with chord changes. Anyway..let me go find the packing material, and get out your hair. Thanks a million. old dogs ..not learning new tricks. let me stick to guitar and bass. I least I can play them passably. Ha.

Yeah, the Triton had a 16 track sequencer.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sounds to me you'd probably be better off with a Korg Electribe or an Akai XR20 or some other similar type of DeeJay/Rhythm Box.

Screw the bad Karma. Take it back to the dealer and explain the situation. Even he is happy to get a return customer who will buy from him again someday.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for your insight on this. Its all good I brought back , no problem. Although I did order another keyboard. Similar to to one I had. I ordered the KORG KROSS 61. (hope it doesnt get me kicked out of the club.) Anyway, Ive been going through the owners manual. Its gonna work just fine. btw I did own the Electribe.. it was cool i suppose. Its also an app in my iPAD. Still need to get my work done on these songs. Glad to your acquaintance. hope to connect again soon

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you don't how and are unwilling to learn how to play keys on a Juno DS I really don't see how the hell trading it in for a Kross is going to help you in any way, shape or form. Frankly IMHO it's an inferior keyboard to the Roland.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question