Roland Rd 300gx

Reaction score
Rd300gx.
When I turn it on the first screen in the display comes up and then goes blank and the keyboard is on but nothing works and there's nothing in the display.
I bought a new power supply and that wasn't the problem.
Any ideas?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
See if there's an internal battery and if it's user replaceable.

You may have to reflash the operating system.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I downloaded the manual and I see no mention of a battery on this unit.

Troubleshooting:

1) Turn the unit off.
2) Disconnect everything from the unit; i.e. footpedals, DAW's, USB devices, etc.. Everything except the power cable.
3) Turn the unit on and see if the display will come on.
4) If by chance it does, do a factory reset. See page 77 of the manual for reset instructions. here is the manual: Link

Check the power cable. You said you bought a new cable. Is it one from Roland or from another source? Check the attached picture: Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

it requires:
- 9 volt
- 2000 mA (2 amps)
- Center NEGATIVE

Are you sure the replacement you purchased is center negative, typically replacement plugs on the market are center positive. If you purchased the wrong adapter you could have fried some circuitry.

Report back your findings......

Reaction score

Troubleshooting:

1) Turn the unit off.
2) Disconnect everything from the unit; i.e. footpedals, DAW's, USB devices, etc.. Everything except the power cable.
4) If by chance it does, do a factory reset. See page 77 of the manual for reset instructions. here is the manual: Link

Check the power cable. You said you bought a new cable. Is it one from Roland or from another source? Check the attached picture:View attachment 1793View attachment 1793

it requires:
- 9 volt
- 2000 mA (2 amps)
- Center NEGATIVE

Are you sure the replacement you purchased is center negative, typically replacement plugs on the market are center positive. If you purchased the wrong adapter you could have fried some circuitry.

It does the same thing with both power supplies I have. It did it before I bought the new power supply. Unfortunately it won’t power up to be able to do a factory reset. I just need to get it in to a repair shop. However I did just buy a VR-730. Should be here tomorrow so I’m excited about that.

Reaction score

Troubleshooting:

1) Turn the unit off.

Check the power cable. You said you bought a new cable. Is it one from Roland or from another source? Check the attached picture:View attachment 1793View attachment 1793

it requires:
- 9 volt
- 2000 mA (2 amps)
- Center NEGATIVE

Thanks for your help. I’ve exhausted pretty much everything I can find on the internet. Roland support emailed me back and said I need to have it repaired. Something I wish I could do myself though. Have a great day!!

Ask a Question