roland rd300 key problem

Reaction score
Greetings; I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a Roland rd300 and a pair of cube-40 keyboard amps as I have always wanted to play keyboard and this was a great deal on these items. They work fine except for several keys being sluggish,slow on the return. How can I repair this problem? I have the top off and the keyboard is off. Re-distributing the grease helps only slightly. Also, are there any updates to hardware,software etc that can be used with this unit. As I stated, this works fine for me presently, but if I can improve what's here, I will. Also, any insights into this keyboard would be helpful. What type of grease is good for this keyboard? Thanks!!!! Jack

Reaction score
I bought a Roland from ebay and several notes were too loud. I went to a music shop and they told me that sometimes dust gets inside (under the keys) and causes a problem. They advised simply playing on the keyboard (sometimes a lengthy lack of use is the problem), or buying some dust remover spray from Radio Shack and spraying the inside. My keyboard started working OK after I played on it for a while.

Ask a Question