Roland RS50 question

Reaction score
Hi! Now that I have my keyboard I wonder if anyone else has this model & can help me.

It says there is a 'performance mode' that has 16 parts. For the life of me I can't figure out what this means. Does it mean you can save 16 presets? Or that you can record 16 parts & play along with yourself? Or divide the keyboard into 16 sections of 5 keys each and play 16 different patches? I'd really like to be able to even play along with one part, such as a rhythm or bass track.

When shopping for synths, the reviews are very unclear on what they really do. Me being a complete newbie I'm not really sure what half the terms mean. I've been reading the manual, but it has not made any sense.

Also it has a "split" and "dual" mode, but I would like to be able to play 2 different tones, like bass on the lower keys & flute on the higher ones. I can't figure out how to do this either.

If Yamaha's cheap keybds can do this, I can't believe a Roland wouldn't.

Ask a Question