Roland VR-09 and PK-5 bass pedals

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum, I’ve just bought some PK-5 pedals for use with my VR-09, all I can get are organ and drum sounds at present, has anyone any experience with this setup?

Reaction score
No. But only the organ has a pedal part.
Maybe it would be possible to use other sound by setting the Pedals to Transmit ch 1 (dual mode 2nd sound). But then they don't work with the Drawbar bass at ch 2. Also I guess that if you choose a dual sound on the panel you with play it with both the keys and the pedal.
However there might be a chance that you can choose the dual sound via midi and not playing it with the keys also. I don't know if it will work since I haven't tried it myself. But you can try. Easiest to control the sounds via midi is to use Franky46:s V-combo editor. Then you get access to all hidden Atelier Organ sounds and you can choose a sound for midi ch1 so you should be able to play it from pedal. Question is if it will play on keys aslo.

Reaction score
Thanks, I’ve got it working by setting bass and poly pedals both to midi channel 4, it works fine, don’t ask me how! I’ve now got a Roland Juno DI so gotta start again now

Ask a Question