Roland VR 09 Sound

Reaction score
Wonder if any of the tech guys on here could tell me what sort of sound system the Roland VR 09 would need,as it doesn't have built in speakers?just for home use,not ready yet but i may upgrade to one at some future time.i just noticed maybe i should have posted this on the Amp thread.
nany thanks.

Reaction score
We usually suggest a pair of powered Monitored Speakers for home use.

Which ones to suggest will depend upon what budget you are considering.

PreSonus Eris 5 EX are c$120 USD each and at 80W they will have plenty of headroom for home use.

Also if considering a home studio then a Mixer can be added at some stage to add in more kit like a second keyboard, mike, audio source etc.

For less outlay then a pair of PreSonus Eris 4.5 @ $200 USD and with 50W they will also function well but could be a little light in the bass.

Considering the future and stage/performances etc where there is no PA then look at a pair of Behringer B208 D @ $170 USD each

Reaction score
We usually suggest a pair of powered Monitored Speakers for home use.

Which ones to suggest will depend upon what budget you are considering.

PreSonus Eris 5 EX are c$120 USD each and at 80W they will have plenty of headroom for home use.

Also if considering a home studio then a Mixer can be added at some stage to add in more kit like a second keyboard, mike, audio source etc.

For less outlay then a pair of PreSonus Eris 4.5 @ $200 USD and with 50W they will also function well but could be a little light in the bass.

Considering the future and stage/performances etc where there is no PA then look at a pair of Behringer B208 D @ $170 USD each
Thanks for that Biggles,its all accademic at the moment as i am still getting used to my Korg EK 50,i just wondered what set up i would need if i upgrade in the future,the 50w would be quite enough,i have a big solton twin jet amp with rotary speaker,i brought it with me when i moved house 20 years ago i used it with a Elke draw bar organ,but its just too big to use in my home now,and at 500w it would blow the windows out:)

Reaction score
...and at 500w it would blow the windows out:)
And that's a problem why? ;)

Sounds like a perfect setup to me!

Old No7

(I use a pair of Mackie Thump 12As with my 3 boards -- plenty of rockin' bass, and at 1300w per, plenty of power to gig with later. Probably more than you need for home use though...)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for that Biggles,its all accademic at the moment as i am still getting used to my Korg EK 50,i just wondered what set up i would need if i upgrade in the future,the 50w would be quite enough,i have a big solton twin jet amp with rotary speaker,i brought it with me when i moved house 20 years ago i used it with a Elke draw bar organ,but its just too big to use in my home now,and at 500w it would blow the windows out:)
I also have the Korg EK-50 and am using a Roland CM-30 monitor. Plenty loud for in the house. I bought my used for around $150. Very happy with it.

Reaction score
Thats great Captain Don,i have started again after a thirty year gap playing and its slow going but enjoying myself,amazing how much technology has given us since then,brought the cost of organs and keyboards down,the first ones me and my late Dad bought cost a lot more and didn't have anywhere near the features of the modern stuff.

Ask a Question