Roland XP10 tremolo/vibrato problem.

Reaction score
I tried to get on the roland clan forums to ask this, but apparently, I am a BOT. (It seems I couldn't answer, "grass is to lawn as _______________ is to forest")
I could have sworn I knew the answer to that...

I have an old XP 10 that I was using just for the sounds- I'm running a midi guitar through it.
It has recently started running/playing a tremolo effect, that I dislike tremendously. I can get it to stop by shutting it off then on, but even that doesn't last to long.

I believe all the effects are triggered by midi signals- would someone here know how to block that effect's signal?
Or is it time to start seriously looking at a software replacement for this thing?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I can't help with the tremolo problem but TREE is to forest as grass is to lawn (singular since the phrasing of the verb is singular)

Ass for the tremolo effect? I think you'll have to turn it off for each patch you use and then write the patch to a user slot to get rid of it.

That should take care of the problem.

Gary ;)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I can't help with the tremolo problem but TREE is to forest as grass is to lawn (singular since the phrasing of the verb is singular)

Ass for the tremolo effect? I think you'll have to turn it off for each patch you use and then write the patch to a user slot to get rid of it.

That should take care of the problem.

Gary ;)
For the record, that was the answer I put! - (You must be a bot as well!):p As for the patches, I don't use any. I'm just running presets- piano and electric piano almost exclusively- all 'hard wired' sounds. Once in a while I will stray to others, but I am not advanced enough in midi/ modern stuff to do much more. I've been a guitarist FOREVER, and after fifty years of having to listen to myself, I love hearing a piano when I play!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually I seem to recall having the same problem when I applied for Rolandclan membership.

I believe I had to email (e-mail address removed) with the problem and then they validated me manually.

Worth a shot I guess.

preset=patches=voices=sounds=potato/potahto

Whatever you're calling them, you can edit the individual parameters of each voice and save them either back to their original slot or else save them to a setup=registration=combi=performance into whatever they call a user slot.

There are MIDI commands to add FX but none to simply turn them off if they are built into a patch.

This requires editing the patch and saving it on the keyboard.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, I've got a lot to figure out- thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Ad

Advertisements

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This might help with the original problem.

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question