Roland XV2020 and SRX expansion...help!

Reaction score
I have a Roland XV2020 with the drum expansion card in EXPA. I bought it years back and set it up with the editor on the Mac. All I want is to program my old Roland R5 drum machine and have it play the great sounds from the XV2020, preferably with kits comprising kicks and snares (etc) that I've selected from the SRX presets. However after an absence from use of a year or 3 I can't seem to get any joy. The editor is only allowing me to see 'Kick 1 menu', 'Kick 2 menu' etc so that if I wanted to have a drum kit comprising entirely of kicks I'd be laughing but since I'm not completely insane, it's not much use. I seem to remember that I used to have the choice of 'Tight Kit', 'Ambient kit' etc etc which was at least workable although I never managed to tailor these kits with drums mix-and-matched from other kits.

I'm sure it can't be rocket science if explained clearly but trying to glean anything from the Roland manuals just makes me want to kill myself.

If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

Linc

Ask a Question