S90 Performance Mode volumes are different when called up in Master Mode.

Reaction score
I'm doing a lot of splits/layers. I may have the keyboard divided into 4 splits, and for live performance, need to get the relative volumes consistent. I create a Performance, setup the splits and voices, and set the volumes of each. For easier indexing thru each set when live, I use Master Mode, and assign the Performances to sequential Masters so I go right across each Bank in order of the set list.

What I'm finding is that some Performances are louder when staying in Performance Mode, and lose volume when called up as a Master. Has anyone seen this ? Am I totally missing something ?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I'm doing a lot of splits/layers. I may have the keyboard divided into 4 splits, and for live performance, need to get the relative volumes consistent. I create a Performance, setup the splits and voices, and set the volumes of each. For easier indexing thru each set when live, I use Master Mode, and assign the Performances to sequential Masters so I go right across each Bank in order of the set list.

What I'm finding is that some Performances are louder when staying in Performance Mode, and lose volume when called up as a Master. Has anyone seen this ? Am I totally missing something ?

Thanks in advance!
Good Luck with that! I've been searching for one of the Big players to step up and use the incredible chip technology available that could pre assign a universal volume output level for any patch. Apparently a much more complicated issue than imagined. Further, it doesn't seem unreasonable to allow individual patches (or "parts" of patches) to be adjusted for volume as they are called up....and then of course being restored to the universal volume when switched out. Given the enormous variables contained in sounds and effects on these monster boards, the average weekend player would benefit and not risk blowing out the eardrums of fellow band members or audience member on any errant patch selection as well as eliminating that shocking couple of seconds when the next patch levels are out of whack volume-wise with the performance.

Ask a Question