Save a single track to audio file?

Reaction score
Topic pretty much says it. Is there a way to specify which tracks to save out to an audio file? Only one track, or multiple, but not all...

My keyboard is a DGX 660

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Easy as pie with a computer DAW.

No idea with the DGX onboard sequencer.

Going by the old Casio workstations of years ago there should be a way to mute individual tracks.

Have you bothered to check your manual?

Or are you asking us to read it for you?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Easy as pie with a computer DAW.

No idea with the DGX onboard sequencer.

Going by the old Casio workstations of years ago there should be a way to mute individual tracks.

Have you bothered to check your manual?

Or are you asking us to read it for you?

Gary ;)
Certainly I bothered to check the manual. I have used 'turning off a track' extensively. But even though I turn off the tracks, it automatically records all when I save it to an audio file. Hence, this thread.

So, regarding doing it with a DAW: I presume I would have to download the file in midi format, take it into the computer with the DAW software, then save it again to an audio file w/o the tracks I don't want. No?

Reaction score
In typical style Yamaha manuals are not the most user friendly.

Record to all tracks.

Then read on page 48 the process about clearing tracks.

Use the process to clear the tracks that you do not want and you have your single track or tracks of choice.

Reaction score
In typical style Yamaha manuals are not the most user friendly.

Record to all tracks.

Then read on page 48 the process about clearing tracks.

Use the process to clear the tracks that you do not want and you have your single track or tracks of choice.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm aware of that too. The process I was wanting to do is get that to a file without the track, w/o deleting it.

Interestingly, I don't remember now why I wanted to do that :eek: , but I think I was wanting a couple versions, and now I think it'd be a good experiment with a DAW. So the suggestion earlier may be the perfect solution .

I am presuming I could edit either a wave or midi file. I'll search out a few one to experiment with.

To all those taking the time to reply to posts here, a heart thanks! I appreciate it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What you'd have to do is set up a DAW to record every track/channel simultaneously, then play back the file into the DAW and then you'll have up to 16 tracks to manipulate as you please.

You won't be able to isolate a track with a WAV file so forget about that.

If the DGX can export a MIDI file as long as it's not a type 0 you will have each instrument isolated and ready to work with. Then it's simply a matter of importing the file into the DAW. A type 0 file though, crams everything on track 1 and is unworkable.

Type 1 or 2 no problems.

It remains to be seen which option you'll have to rely on depending on the capabilities of the DGX sequencer.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is certainly not the first time a user has struggled recording on a DGX 660 or using a DAW with it.

Guys, there has been zero success in achieving what the Op is trying to achieve on any of the prior posts on the recording subject.

Advice has also been given and no feedback from any Op has indicated that they have had any success with the 660.

Reaction score
Just an update...

So at this point in time, I am thinking I need to load my music midi file into Waveform. Load up an audio file with Thunder, and place it where I want.

The comment earlier about the learning curve...OH YES! :rolleyes:

I'm thinkingi what I want to do would be about the simplist thingany user would want to do. But having loaded up my midi file, I see graphics of the sound in the tracks. When I click on play, the cursor moves...but no sound. I checked the audio setup and when I click the test button I get sound.

So I checked out some tutorials, but they seem designed to teach a user how to start from zero to create your song. Ultimately much more ambitious than I'm attempting. It's kind of funny: Any windows program 'standards' are pretty much ignored. I had to hunt around for several minutes just to close a test file/projecct I created, and finally gave up and just closed the app w/o saving. Well, it didn't ask about saving, and when I reloaded Waveform, it and my midi project is there. No obvious way to delete it.

I succeeded in creating a new project, and I have several tracks listed, etc. Can;t see how to close it and open a different project...I do have a project I created and loaded my midi file, For now I'm going to have to quit Waveform, not save the junk test file, and load my midi file.

But now that I open that file, the midi file/data is not there.

So I'll be scrounging around to find how to edit the midi file I loaded, and pace the thunder in it's own track.

I appreciate all lthe feedback you've provide so far, folks.

Oh, and I'm not expecting tutorials here. Just indicating the intersting path I seem to be on. I don't imagine a different DAW would be any easier.

Ask a Question