Sayonara Medeli fans

S

Scott Murrell

My AKX10 is going back to the dealer, it’s got some problems and evidently Medeli chooses not to return service calls from the dealer. I had heard this is a problem but -since I had heard from them with a couple of prepurchase questions I hope for the best. I really hope they get their act together because for the most part I really liked the keyboard but if service is nonexistent in the US? It’s not good.
I won’t be a part of a group I don’t have a product of, it just seems like trolling so y’all enjoy the music!

Reaction score
Maybe one of these will be more reliable, only $50

D7763EA6-1F0E-4250-8B12-9A59B73AE2DC.jpeg

It has been different having you onboard, best wishes with whatever Casio, Korg, Yamaha, Roland, Kurzweil or Ketron arranger you may or may not purchase.

Reaction score
OK, like Jeremy See stated in his YouTube video - Medeli's lower price stuff is "nasty" (his quote).

However their newer flagship stuff is excellent.

Here is their Hydrasynth - which basically has all 5 star reviews (52 reviews) on Sweetwater - and hundreds of 5 star reviews from all over the world.

There are several people who post their Medeli AKX10 videos on YouTube that are very happy with them.

Reaction score
OK, like Jeremy See stated in his YouTube video - Medeli's lower price stuff is "nasty" (his quote).

However their newer flagship stuff is excellent.

Here is their Hydrasynth - which basically has all 5 star reviews (52 reviews) on Sweetwater - and hundreds of 5 star reviews from all over the world.

There are several people who post their Medeli AKX10 videos on YouTube that are very happy with them.

It is all well and good getting 5* reviews but when there is no infrastructure in selling, support and distribution then to me there is very little point in buying a Medeli.

Might just as well spend the same amount of cash on a model by another manufacturer that does have a network of dealers where at least you can try before you buy.

……There are several people who post their Medeli AKX10 videos on YouTube that are very happy with them.

Yes and then there are those who think a sub $300 keyboard a great buy.

It is meeting the expectations of the buyer with a reliable, usable keyboard that surely matters the most.

Reaction score
Are you supposed to be taken seriously...?

One AKX10 for sale on eBay...
Listen Polo - this is the 3rd incidence of someone wanting to unload their recent AKX10 purchase. The last one I posted was someone selling theirs on Amazon.com - it arrived with a broken joystick and Medeli support was nonexistent when notified. What the heck would you do??

Reaction score
Are you supposed to be taken seriously...?

One AKX10 for sale on eBay...

Zero SKX10 on fleabay UK, which sort of substantiates there non existence here.

Three Medeli keyboards are listed, one cheap and nasty, sorry two cheap and nasty and one new digital piano at over £480.

Are they serious who would buy a Medeli DP at that price when there are similar or cheaper models by Yamaha, Korg, Roland and Casio?

Reaction score
Listen Polo - this is the 3rd incidence of someone wanting to unload their recent AKX10 purchase. The last one I posted was someone selling theirs on Amazon.com - it arrived with a broken joystick and Medeli support was nonexistent when notified. What the heck would you do??
It arrived with a broken joystick...?

And what, the place they purchased it from did nothing...?

Reaction score
It arrived with a broken joystick...?

And what, the place they purchased it from did nothing...?
That's what it seems. Would you buy a product not knowing if you could get support or repairs on it? The best repair people I've ever dealt with were Fishman products. I had a pair of SoloAmp SA220's and one started to crap out - after the warranty - I contacted Fishman - not only did they give me free shipping, but they replaced the entire amp unit (potentiometers were bad) - and shipped it back - all free of charge even though the warranty had already expired.

Reaction score
Zero SKX10 on fleabay UK, which sort of substantiates there non existence here.

Three Medeli keyboards are listed, one cheap and nasty, sorry two cheap and nasty and one new digital piano at over £480.

Are they serious who would buy a Medeli DP at that price when there are similar or cheaper models by Yamaha, Korg, Roland and Casio?
Biggles - probably the Thomann clone is more readily available in Europe?

Reaction score
That's what it seems.
So the keyboard arrived with a broken joystick and the buyer didn't return it to the place he bought it from and sold it on Amazon...?

You don't find that story... strange...?

Every place that I have seen that sells the AKX10 has at least a 30 day return policy - some 45 days - and at least 2 that I have seen offer a free 1 year extended warranty on top of the original warranty (by the way, original warranties are honored by the distributor not Medeli itself...)

I am no Medeli apologist - but it seems that there is quite a bit of unfounded (most of it hearsay) Medeli bashing going on...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So the keyboard arrived with a broken joystick and the buyer didn't return it to the place he bought it from and sold it on Amazon...?

You don't find that story... strange...?

Every place that I have seen that sells the AKX10 has at least a 30 day return policy - some 45 days - and at least 2 that I have seen offer a free 1 year extended warranty on top of the original warranty (by the way, original warranties are honored by the distributor not Medeli itself...)

I am no Medeli apologist - but it seems that there is quite a bit of unfounded (most of it hearsay) Medeli bashing going on...
I don't know the validation of these AKX10 owners - even "Scott" here on the keyboard forum that claimed he sent his AKX10 back a few weeks ago. Whether the manufacturers or distributors warranties are honorable, that's a guess. I only know anyone would have better luck getting warranty work done from a larger company like Yamaha or Roland than Medeli.

Reaction score
RedEyeC

Thomann alas is in the EU, I do not buy anything directly from the EU.
Yes - I see England / Scotland / Wales, and a few other European countries aren't in the EU. Does that make it difficult to do business?

Reaction score
RedEyeC

Thomann alas is in the EU, I do not buy anything directly from the EU.
Biggles - I just read your response in my email, though it's not posted here. I didn't know the scope of EU and it's regulations - I have War and Peace on my bookshelf - that would be a thick red tape nightmare...

Reaction score
This is not the place for a whine about the Eu so I deleted it.

Yes it is a nightmare.

There are some great elements to it but at a cost, the common standards being the element that allows free trade within members and incoming goods having to meet those standards.

This is why the USA keeps putting tariffs on EU goods, but more flows into the EU from the USA than from the EU to the USA so they have more buying power

Ask a Question