Scottish newbie

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a mature student learning to play the keyboard. I have a Korg PA 600 I bought used as my tutor uses a PA 1000 and asked me to look out for a Korg. I am from Aberdeen Scotland and look forward to reading some of the post on the site that might help me in places where I struggle ( which is quite a lot at the moment I may add). Thanks.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Paul! Struggling is fine-- it helps build character and experience. :)

Reaction score
Welcome from south of the border.

There are a few Korg’ies here in the forum.

If you have not watched them yet Korg’s Video Manual series on Youtube will give you a lot of insight.

Also download and install Korg’s Songbook Editor and hunt out the 30+ minute tutorial on using Songbook and the Editor.

Finally Korg UK have monthly live interactive Webinars plus those broadcast are available to watch post even. Go to korgworld.co.uk sign up there and follow the link. Look out for Korg World magazine in music stores that sell Korg kit plus in signing up they will email you to (a) remind you of the next webinar (b) send you a link to be able to download the next electronic version of the magazine.

good luck with your 600.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Paul.

Youtube has some great learning resources for picking up music theory and piano techniques and a lot of them are listed in the Tutorials and Music Theory Threads here on the forums.

Be advised the threads are in no paricular order so I'd suggest skimming thru them at first to pick out the areas you are having difficulty with.

Happy holidays. :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question