SCSI Yamaha 9000 pro

Reaction score
Please help me i have yamaha 9000 pro with SCSI but i dont know how it conects. I want to import some real sounds in my yamaha. May anyone to show me in photo how to conect SCSI to cd room. Thank you

Reaction score
A scsi connection is a very old tech these days. You used to use ZIP drives to load data to them. You now I believe can get SCSI to USB adapters that may be more useful than trying it the old way. The following is from a forum called SYNTHZONE - very quiet these days. You cango to the forums and into yamaha discussion then select all topics and do a search on what you are looking for. Hope it helps......

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum26/HTML/001358.html

Reaction score
externalscsiconnectors.gif

Reaction score
It probably would be helpful to download the manual from Yamaha and read up on file transfer. My Emulators require that the SCSI drive be connected prior to "power up" , then I have to go into a SCSI screen and "mount" the drive so that the keyboard will recognize it. Then I can just do a file load to import the samples into the emulator.
It's fairly simple once you know the process.

Ask a Question