Seating Position and Stool Recommendation

Reaction score
The only item I have not invested in yet is a stool. I have purchased the Z stand and it is on its lowest position but simply using an ottoman but my elbows are well below the keyboard itself, causing a bit of discomfort trying to follow lessons and keep the hands in a proper position, is there a guideline as to where you should be in relation to the keyboard from a seated position? I should mention I use to wear the carpal tunnel rigid wrist bands and trying to keep my hands perfect is proving very difficult but I think I'm sitting to low.

As well what kind of stool would you recommend, there are so many too choose from and like anything else they go from ultra cheap to expensive. Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
The middle of your body should be at middle C and your arms should be parrallel with the ground. If you are reaching up then you are sitting too low.

Reaction score
Try looking beyond music gear. I'm using a photographer's Posing Stool (specifically: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/65313-REG/ALM_122BK_Monte_Zucker_Pneumatic_Posing.html ). Most adjust between about 20" and 30". The one I'm using has a reasonably padded seat and is *tough.*
65313.jpg

Ask a Question