Seeking sythn

Reaction score
Could anyone suggest keyboard s I might look at its for worship has to be light has to have pedal to increase and decrease volume I've got up to £1500 to spend I had a Roland vr09 but I sold it!!! Cliff

Reaction score
How light?

How many keys?

What are your must have features?

What array of instrument sounds do you seek?

A whole host of potential keyboards spring to mind:-

A Korg Pa1000 arranger plus expression pedal would be right on budget.

Yamaha PSR SX900 arranger as per the Korg

The Korg has 2x33W onboard amps and speakers whereas the Yamaha 2x15W. If organ sounds are important then it’s the Korg, Yamaha organ sounds kinda suck by comparison.

Now for 88 key synths/workstations

Korg Krome

Korg Kross 2

Roland FA 08

Roland Juno DS

Yamaha MODX

Weight will vary depending upon model but the Juno 88 is only 12 lbs but does not include onboard amp or speakers but there again synth/workstations do not.

Another possibility could be a digital piano, check out Roland RD88, Kawai MP7SE plus models by Korg and Yamaha near your budget

Why not hop on the Ferry cross the Mersey and take a trip to Dawson’s? Or you could head over to Manchester via the M602 where at a few hundred meters from the end of the Mway there is the huge PMT store where they have a massive array of keyboards available to test play.

Reaction score
Could anyone suggest keyboard s I might look at its for worship has to be light has to have pedal to increase and decrease volume I've got up to £1500 to spend I had a Roland vr09 but I sold it!!! Cliff
Thanks so much for all your suggestions I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Reaction score
How light?

How many keys?

What are your must have features?

What array of instrument sounds do you seek?

A whole host of potential keyboards spring to mind:-

A Korg Pa1000 arranger plus expression pedal would be right on budget.

Yamaha PSR SX900 arranger as per the Korg

The Korg has 2x33W onboard amps and speakers whereas the Yamaha 2x15W. If organ sounds are important then it’s the Korg, Yamaha organ sounds kinda suck by comparison.

Now for 88 key synths/workstations

Korg Krome

Korg Kross 2

Roland FA 08

Roland Juno DS

Yamaha MODX

Weight will vary depending upon model but the Juno 88 is only 12 lbs but does not include onboard amp or speakers but there again synth/workstations do not.

Another possibility could be a digital piano, check out Roland RD88, Kawai MP7SE plus models by Korg and Yamaha near your budget

Why not hop on the Ferry cross the Mersey and take a trip to Dawson’s? Or you could head over to Manchester via the M602 where at a few hundred meters from the end of the Mway there is the huge PMT store where they have a massive array of keyboards available to test play.
Thanks so much for all your suggestions I really appreciate it!!!!!!
With regards weight something I could carry around probably 61 keys and the sounds one would use in a worship setting so warm pads.etc MANY thanks again.cliff

Reaction score
All I listed are also available as 61 key versions but they will have a different keybed action.

If you can provide more information that will help.

Meanwhile I suggest that you watch some reviews and tutorial videos on some of the keyboards listed

Ask a Question